Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Poor audio (they cant hear me) using K750i

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.

I have a 11/03 E60 with "Preparation for Bluetooth" (CIP 16.1)
I did not function well with my K700i, so I've not used it until I got a K750i recently.
The phone pairs up perfectly, and everything works like a charm.
Autio is clear, but I'm unable to use it - cause nobody can really hear what I'm saying!
I get "what?.." "can you repeat that..?" "You're on a TERRIBLE line!" comments whenever I try to use it, so I'm stuck using the actual phone again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it the phone or the car?

Thanks.

Atle
Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

My vote is the TCU. Classic symptom for older TCU. Missing a pin that I believe went to mic.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Oct 5 2005, 09:37 PM
My vote is the TCU.? Classic symptom for older TCU.? Missing a pin that I believe went to mic.
[snapback]179920[/snapback]
Interesting. Do you know if there is a service bulletin for this?

A
Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by atta_svg' date='Oct 6 2005, 12:32 PM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Oct 5 2005, 09:37 PM']My vote is the TCU.? Classic symptom for older TCU.? Missing a pin that I believe went to mic.
[snapback]179920[/snapback]
Interesting. Do you know if there is a service bulletin for this?

A
[snapback]180424[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't but here are some threads on the subject that should answer most questions

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=10672&hl=TCU*

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=10262&hl=TCU*

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=6985&hl=TCU*

Also you can do a search in this section (Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum) using TCU* to get even more related threads.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:54 AM
Members

Unfortunately I have same problem.
The connection through blue tooth is fine, it is just that people tell me that they can only hear me like if I was very distant. It seems that the microphone is not amplified enough or something like that.
Is there any settings for the microphone amplification on the i-drive settings ?
Thanks
Old 10-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by technomupet' date='Oct 15 2005, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately I have same problem.
The connection through blue tooth is fine, it is just that people tell me that they can only hear me like if I was very distant. It seems that the microphone is not amplified enough or something like that.
Is there any settings for the microphone amplification on the i-drive settings ?
Thanks
[snapback]184553[/snapback]
Car build date helps in diagnosis. Please add all this stuff into your signature, but if u do not like to do that at least give us some kind of information to go on. Do u E60? DId u follow the treads above. Lots of info there for u to digest. And no - no adjustment in iDrive for Mics.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by atta_svg' date='Oct 5 2005, 06:58 PM
Hi.

I have a 11/03 E60 with "Preparation for Bluetooth" (CIP 16.1)
I did not function well with my K700i, so I've not used it until I got a K750i recently.
The phone pairs up perfectly, and everything works like a charm.
Autio is clear, but I'm unable to use it - cause nobody can really hear what I'm saying!
I get "what?.." "can you repeat that..?" "You're on a TERRIBLE line!" comments whenever I try to use it, so I'm stuck using the actual phone again.

Has anyone else experienced this?? Is it the phone or the car?

Thanks.

Atle
[snapback]179876[/snapback]
I think the software downloads for the idrive are up to 19 at the moment in the UK anyway, I have a 750i and have had the same problem but i am still able to hold a conversation its just the volume could be higher and I have the latest download , IMO I think it maybe to do with the fact there is no cradel for the 750i
Old 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Members

I am connecting through bluetooth, i looked in k750i phone documentation but can not find any settings to improve sound level
Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Members

...do you guys with K750is and pickup problems exhibit the same sympthoms with other phone models, or is it just with the K750i?

My dealer told me the most likely problem was that I had the venst set to blow upwards, and I did, but changing them did not improve the situation noticably.

A.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by technomupet' date='Oct 16 2005, 04:23 PM
I am connecting through bluetooth, i looked in k750i phone documentation but can not find any settings to improve sound level
[snapback]184991[/snapback]
The suggestion that it might be the phone is probably not going to be correct...but u never know. If u could get your hands on a friends Moto or other brand with bluetooth u might try it. However, it sounds more like a defective Mic or TCU. Your MY ('05) puts u in the "everything should work ok" category. Testing with another brand could eliminate phone and point to car, but if u cannot test I would take to dealer and demonstrate (call him/her) and see how you sound there. If AC systems is working hard, then yes I turn it off to conduct conversations, but under normal (after interior temp is cooled down - or warmed up) I have not had problems with people hearing me with Climate system on.

Quick Reply: Poor audio (they cant hear me) using K750i