Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Poll on Bluetooth Upgrade Cost

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i - Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, PDC, Xenon, Electric Sunshade

Hi'ya, I just had mine done today and it came to $288.75 (3 1/2 hours of labor).
Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Members

Got a quote of $450 at Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara, CA. I've got an appointment to have to retrofit done this coming Monday.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Members

asg Posted Today, 02:51 PM
? Depending on who you talk to at BMW of Manhattan it is either $800 or $725. They argue that it is more complicated than simply doing a software upgrade...apparently there is a "whole Kit" with "parts and what not"...but when I refer them to the service bulletin and probe on what parts exactly, they tell me that they'll need to ring me back (really busy now, let me check with my parts guy etc..)...which they never do....Have lost all respect for this dealer/service department.

ASG- I hear ya in re: to BMW of Manhattan. I just refuse to do business with them anymore. I trek out to Queens and go to BMW of Bayside. Rallye in Roslyn is good too....they really know what they are talking about (both of these dealerships) when you ask them a logical question. Especially if they think you are going to be purchasing something(which is really the way it should be). Give one of them a ring, and see what they qoute you.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by BMW_NYC' date='Nov 17 2004, 10:48 PM
asg Posted Today, 02:51 PM
? Depending on who you talk to at BMW of Manhattan it is either $800 or $725. They argue that it is more complicated than simply doing a software upgrade...apparently there is a "whole Kit" with "parts and what not"...but when I refer them to the service bulletin and probe on what parts exactly, they tell me that they'll need to ring me back (really busy now, let me check with my parts guy etc..)...which they never do....Have lost all respect for this dealer/service department.

ASG-? I hear ya in re: to BMW of Manhattan. I just refuse to do business with them anymore. I trek out to Queens and go to BMW of Bayside. Rallye in Roslyn is good too....they really know what they are talking about? (both of these dealerships) when you ask them a logical question. Especially if they think you are going to be purchasing something(which is really the way it should be). Give one of them a ring, and see what they qoute you.
[snapback]57553[/snapback]
I would not trust them to do the retrofit. They don't sound like they know what they are doing. You might end up without your car for 2 weeks while the CCC is on backorder after they crash it.
I was quoted 1hr and paid $110 for the retrofit. Every aspect of it works perfectly. The software upgrade takes between 2 and 4hrs. I would pay up to 3 hrs for the retrofit.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tedmundson' date='Nov 17 2004, 01:27 PM
Can you please post what the dealer has charged to do the upgrade? I have dealer quoteing me over 800 and its is a 08/2004 Build.

Thanks... Todd
[snapback]57312[/snapback]
USD 100 (as my dealer noted that there was an outstanding campaign that required a SW update, they only charged me for the incremental BT antenna cable connection and BT activation process). Very fair!

Robert
Old 11-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, parx !
Old 11-18-2004, 03:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Parx' date='Nov 17 2004, 10:43 PM
Got a quote of $450 at Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara, CA. I've got an appointment to have to retrofit done this coming Monday.
[snapback]57538[/snapback]
hey parx, my neighbour! i live 5 mins away from Stevens Creek BMW. I think i've seen your car on the road before, with a few kids at the back of your car (think so). My car is just right beside yours at that time though.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:51 AM
asg
Members

My Ride: Arpil '04 production 545, Orient Blue, Sport Pkg, Step, CWP, NAV, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, PDC, Sat Prep, cip v20.02 (bluetooth and mp3 working great)

Originally Posted by rduncan' date='Nov 18 2004, 03:48 AM
[quote name='tedmundson' date='Nov 17 2004, 01:27 PM']Can you please post what the dealer has charged to do the upgrade? I have dealer quoteing me over 800 and its is a 08/2004 Build.

Thanks... Todd
[snapback]57312[/snapback]
USD 100 (as my dealer noted that there was an outstanding campaign that required a SW update, they only charged me for the incremental BT antenna cable connection and BT activation process). Very fair!

Robert
[snapback]57602[/snapback]
[/quote]

Did you find out from your dealer what the outstanding campaign that requires a sw update covers...curious to see if it may apply to my car...

thanks
Old 11-18-2004, 04:53 AM
asg
Members

My Ride: Arpil '04 production 545, Orient Blue, Sport Pkg, Step, CWP, NAV, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, PDC, Sat Prep, cip v20.02 (bluetooth and mp3 working great)

ASG- I hear ya in re: to BMW of Manhattan. I just refuse to do business with them anymore. I trek out to Queens and go to BMW of Bayside. Rallye in Roslyn is good too....they really know what they are talking about (both of these dealerships) when you ask them a logical question. Especially if they think you are going to be purchasing something(which is really the way it should be). Give one of them a ring, and see what they qoute you.
[snapback]57553[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks - I'll give them a ring
Old 11-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Nov 18 2004, 05:20 AM
hey parx, my neighbour! i live 5 mins away from Stevens Creek BMW. I think i've seen your car on the road before, with a few kids at the back of your car (think so). My car is just right beside yours at that time though.? :lol:
[snapback]57642[/snapback]

Oh oh, someone's out driving the car around with kids again!

Just kidding. Probably someone else's car, but I do live within 5 minutes of SCBMW as well.

Quick Reply: Poll on Bluetooth Upgrade Cost