Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Play music through BB, Belkin, Dension

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Play music through BB, Belkin, Dension

I just bought the Blackberry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway and connected it in the USB and AUX port in the armrest of my 08 550i with Professional radio.

Also my buddy has a E90 with the Belking bluetooth and he said he lost almost all bass?
We are going to trade next time we meet up so we can test each others bluetooth devices.

Im not too happy with the sound so i am looking into the Dension system.

Anyone who would like to share experiences with the Dension in regards to how it works and the quality?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by unoe60
I just bought the Blackberry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway and connected it in the USB and AUX port in the armrest of my 08 550i with Professional radio.

Also my buddy has a E90 with the Belking bluetooth and he said he lost almost all bass?
We are going to trade next time we meet up so we can test each others bluetooth devices.

Anyone who would like to share experiences with the Dension in regards to how it works and the quality?

What are you playing your music through? Ipod, Iphone, mp3 player? Whatever device you are using has an eq built into it. You need to adjust the sound from the source first. I have been using the BB Gateway for almost 2 years with no sound issues. I play music from Pandora.com through my iphone but I have the sound settings on my iphone set to Hip Hop on the eq. Then you can tweak the sound from your idrive to your liking. Give that a try before you go spending $500+ on a Dension.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by unoe60

Check out this thread. I provided my review of the blackberry and belkin units. FYI... I found the sound quality of the BB to be very poor.

Add A2DP Stereo Bluetooth to E90 via AUX Port - Page 5 - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

(see post #108)
Old 12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by infin8
What are you playing your music through? Ipod, Iphone, mp3 player? Whatever device you are using has an eq built into it. You need to adjust the sound from the source first. I have been using the BB Gateway for almost 2 years with no sound issues. I play music from Pandora.com through my iphone but I have the sound settings on my iphone set to Hip Hop on the eq. Then you can tweak the sound from your idrive to your liking. Give that a try before you go spending $500+ on a Dension.
I play the music with my iPhone 4S through Spotify, Pandora, Soundcloud and Music.
Sound is a lot lower and the quality is not as good as when i plug it into the AUX directly.
I got the volume turned all the way up so that is not the problem.

Not to happy about the BB
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by JeffCharger
Check out this thread. I provided my review of the blackberry and belkin units. FYI... I found the sound quality of the BB to be very poor.

Add A2DP Stereo Bluetooth to E90 via AUX Port - Page 5 - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

(see post #108)
Cool, im going to try out my buddys Belkin when we meet up and ill see and hear how that works. Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
New Members

Never got to try my buddys belching, but he tried my BB.
He said the bass was definitely better with the BB, but the quality was the same(which wasn't that good)
and volume was lower.

Not sure what I will do next!

Might just get the BMW iPhone cable and a ground loop isolator since i get a little feedback on the AUX
Old 12-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Members

2006 550i Touring here with Prof. and a Belkin at the aux streaming with a HTC Sensation and the sound is super, I realy cant notice any difference between CD and the streaming through aux sound. Bass is on both top!

Stream MP4 vids every ride and works like a charm for more then a year now, love the Belkin!

Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have purchased groom unit at first. after 2 months of troubleshooting and trialling number of software patches from groom support i have returned the unit and got secondhand dension 500. as said, plug and play. with some little coding was able to enable mp3 text. most happy with my purchase, and sound quality is perfect.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by mjojom
i have purchased groom unit at first. after 2 months of troubleshooting and trialling number of software patches from groom support i have returned the unit and got secondhand dension 500. as said, plug and play. with some little coding was able to enable mp3 text. most happy with my purchase, and sound quality is perfect.
Happy to hear that, i might be going this route as well!