Play music from iphone (using Bluetooth) with older CD/ipod adapter? - 5Series.net - Forums

Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Old 06-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Senior Members

Default Play music from iphone (using Bluetooth) with older CD/ipod adapter?

I have a 2004 model which used the old CD changer. I got the iPod adapter to play from an IPOD (which allows music to be played through iDrive).

Is there a bluetooth adapter that will connect through my iPod adapter so that I could play music from iPhone through the iDrive?

Again, my car is not equipped to connect music through bluetooth (only phone calls) - so I have to use the CD changer/iPod connector in the glove box.
jgbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Check this thread out. https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth...eaming-139872/ Some of us have gone this route.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:48 AM   #3
Members

Hi,

I had the iPod integration (OEM from BMW) with the 30-pin adapter. Then I bought the Viseeo Tune2air adapter which basically connects to the 30-pin connector and offers a bluetooth connection to any iOS device such as an iPod or iPhone.

paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #4
Senior Members

I installed the WMA1000 and it worked. The only thing is that on engine restart, I have to switch iDrive back to the "CD" selection. The iPod doesn't remember that last song that was playing.

Is this the case with yours? I guess since it's a bluetooth connection, it resets when reconnecting.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:33 AM   #5
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbmw View Post
I installed the WMA1000 and it worked. The only thing is that on engine restart, I have to switch iDrive back to the "CD" selection. The iPod doesn't remember that last song that was playing.

Is this the case with yours? I guess since it's a bluetooth connection, it resets when reconnecting.
Checked it, upon engine start, it starts playing the last played song from the beginning.
paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
Senior Members

Thanks. I can turn the car off and back on within a few minutes and it keeps the last song. however, it seems that when the car goes into "sleep", the ipod cord loses power. This causes the WMA1000 to lose power and it won't keep the last song.

I don't believe the WMA1000 has an internal battery so I'm looking for options for it to keep power.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #7
New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
Check this thread out. https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth...eaming-139872/ Some of us have gone this route.
x2. ive done this and its been great. i also relocated my aux port from the back seat (pre-LCI) into the center console like the LCI models
BostonJon is offline   Reply With Quote