Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Music through Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528xi Stock for the moment!!
Default Music through Bluetooth

I have a 2008 528xi with the standard 10 speaker system with Navi. My Motorola Droid works great with my radio but I am unable to play music using bluetooth. Is this possible or will I have to hard wire it????

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Not possible from what i have seen. It seems BMW missed the memo on that one.

Hardwire is what I use everyday.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi Stock for the moment!!

Good Looking, Thanks.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by BMUUM3
I have a 2008 528xi with the standard 10 speaker system with Navi. My Motorola Droid works great with my radio but I am unable to play music using bluetooth. Is this possible or will I have to hard wire it????

Thanks for any help.
I use a bluetooth gateway from BlackBerry and even though I have an android phone it works great! Plays A2DP perfectly and sounds great. If you dont know that means I can play pandora over my phone and plays through the bluetooth in my 530i. Let me know if you have any questions and I can send you picks or let you know how I have it set up.

Nate
Old 09-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by infin8
I use a bluetooth gateway from BlackBerry and even though I have an android phone it works great! Plays A2DP perfectly and sounds great. If you dont know that means I can play pandora over my phone and plays through the bluetooth in my 530i. Let me know if you have any questions and I can send you picks or let you know how I have it set up.

Nate
I'd love to hear more details!!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545i 6MT

Originally Posted by Gizzler
Same here. Need to know how to stream A2dp to my '05 545i
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by Gizzler
I purchased the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway from Amazon for 40 bucks, heres a link(http://crackberry.com/review-blackbe...stereo-gateway). It is very small and allows you to connect your phone wirelessly to the gateway (granted the gateway needs to be plugged in at all times) and stream music through the bluetooth capability in your e60. Pair the phone and the gateway through bluetooth, then pair the phone and your e60 through bluetooth and viola. Make sure you set your preferences on Pandora/mobile (on your phone)so it plays to your liking. The gateway has a power connection which I have plugged into my cig lighter with an I-Go charger and a $10 usb tip. It also takes a 3.5mm conection that goes from the gateway to the aux connection on the rear console (I have this wire running down the side of the console between the driver seat so it's unnoticeable. I know that's two wires but the way I have it set up it looks fine, and to be able to stream pandora from my phone for $50, you cant beat it!!! To top it off, the sound is crystal clear!! Sounds better than my ipod. I'll post some pics once I get home from work so you can see how I have it set up. I know a lot of members are totally against any wires at all but this is a great option to have Pandora in your ride without spending $300+ for something hardwired and saves you the huge headache of having to install the hardwired option. This way you have Pandora or any other streaming site in less than 5 minutes. Surprised you guys haven't seen or heard about these yet...
Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

please post picsssss
Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

I have been using this device in my car for a while now

Amazon Amazon

Cannot tell you how happy I am with it, it has a memory of I think 7 devices that it can remember so thats supercool. You certianly need an AUX to plug this in and you need the SONY car adapter (SONY CAR ADAPTER ONLY)

The sound is CRYSTAL CLEAR and by CRYSTAL clear i mean CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Just love it !
Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
I have been using this device in my car for a while now

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Two-Way-B...7930183&sr=8-1

Cannot tell you how happy I am with it, it has a memory of I think 7 devices that it can remember so thats supercool. You certianly need an AUX to plug this in and you need the SONY car adapter (SONY CAR ADAPTER ONLY)

The sound is CRYSTAL CLEAR and by CRYSTAL clear i mean CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Just love it !
Does the normal bluetooth work ok?

Quick Reply: Music through Bluetooth