Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

phones list ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Is there a list of BT phones that work perfectly including adres book etc.?
I could not find it here, or maybe I didn't search hard enough.
I have a Qtec SPV C500 and could not connect it to the car. So I'm planning to get another phone.
Which are the best recommandable???
Please your opinion.

Thanx,

Doc H.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

All I can say is the O2 XDA Atom works beautifully

The only issue is with the wrong caller ID on I-Drive for incoming calls but this is present with some other phones as well.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

This is a good list IMO:

http://www.x5world.com/bluetoothphones.php

It's from an X5 site, but applies equally to E63 etc (nice car by the way - Individual )

I guess you're looking for a PDA Phone?, so I can't make any recommendation there. I've been happily using various Motorola's lately,
Old 11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='336713' date='Sep 20 2006, 06:32 PM
Is there a list of BT phones that work perfectly including adres book etc.?
I could not find it here, or maybe I didn't search hard enough.
I have a Qtec SPV C500 and could not connect it to the car. So I'm planning to get another phone.
Which are the best recommandable???
Please your opinion.

Thanx,

Doc H.
Doc H,

Given the date of your post perhaps I'm too late, but I have a C500 and this has been bugging me for ages. Just tonight I finally found the solution! Check out the following site:

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

It took a while to get it to sync. In the end I deleted the C500 from the car and reconnected. It looked for a while like it wasn't going to work, but eventually the address book appeared. It actually seems to work better than my old Nokia 6310, in that it unpacks contacts that have multiple numbers and creates extra entries for them. I remember having to reorganise my 6310 address book so that all numbers got listed.

I haven't had chance to test it fully yet, but it even seems to have fixed a problem where it would only dial on the second attempt. I'll find out tomorrow if it also answers more reliably than it used to.

I'll report back when I've have chance to give it a more thorough test.

And only $14.95 when the 30 day free trial runs out!

DW
Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DMW530d' post='358583' date='Nov 20 2006, 11:36 PM
Doc H,

Given the date of your post perhaps I'm too late, but I have a C500 and this has been bugging me for ages. Just tonight I finally found the solution! Check out the following site:

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

It took a while to get it to sync. In the end I deleted the C500 from the car and reconnected. It looked for a while like it wasn't going to work, but eventually the address book appeared. It actually seems to work better than my old Nokia 6310, in that it unpacks contacts that have multiple numbers and creates extra entries for them. I remember having to reorganise my 6310 address book so that all numbers got listed.

I haven't had chance to test it fully yet, but it even seems to have fixed a problem where it would only dial on the second attempt. I'll find out tomorrow if it also answers more reliably than it used to.

I'll report back when I've have chance to give it a more thorough test.

And only $14.95 when the 30 day free trial runs out!

DW
Oh how I wish I'd searched more throroughly before posting! Just noticed a few other posts recommending the same site.