Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Phone pairing problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I just picked up the new Samsung Blackjack SMARTPHONE (i607) from Cingular and I've been having problems pairing up the phone with the car. My old Cingular RAZR worked flawlessly, but I can't get this one to work. I've been able to get the phone paired with the car where it recognizes it on the idrive screen and on the phone but I can't place a call.

The phone indicates that it's connected to the car via bluetooth, but the idrive screen will say "please wait" for 1-2 minutes.....then nothing. While sitting in my car the Cingular rep transferred the call to the car and it worked over the car's speakers (even then it said "please wait" on the screen, but then quickly transferred back to the phone and we were unable to get it going again. I've played around with the phone for the better part of 2 hours now and I can't get it to transfer the call anymore.

I re-inserted my sim card into my old RAZR and added the device and got everything to pair up just fine.

Can anyone please help me?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Members

I just picked one too. I paired it right away, and it worked without any issue. The only thing it doesn't do is transfer the phone book. I am going to install the jetwaremobile smartphone plug tonight and see how it works.

What CIP version do you have, and what are your car details...
Old 11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='356618' date='Nov 15 2006, 09:29 PM
I just picked one too. I paired it right away, and it worked without any issue. The only thing it doesn't do is transfer the phone book. I am going to install the jetwaremobile smartphone plug tonight and see how it works.

Thanks for the reply Jason. I have a '05 525i (no NAV) and I had absolutely zero problems when I had my RAZR (Cingular) paired to the car, but I can't even get the Blackjack to sync up. The RAZR showed the phonebook, missed calls, last 8 calls, etc..... It even beeped when I got a text message.

I have no idea what the CIP version is on my car, can you tell me how I'd find that out?

Here's what I did when tryng to pair the phone:

I went in to the bluetooth settings tab, then the phone tab on the idrive. On the Blackjack I turned the bluetooth on and it recognized the BMW. The Blackjack showed "BMW60277" on the screen. I selected "BMW60277" on the Blackjack and on the idrive screen it asked me for the pass key. I typed in 60277. Idrive then asked if I wanted to accept the connection (I hit "yes"). The headset icon appeared on the Blackjack and when I went to the communication menu in idrive it said "please wait" on the screen. After 1-2 minutes the "please wait" screen disappeared and it went back to the idrive main menu. I selected the communication menu and it said there's no phone found.

What gives? Any ideas.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Members

Has anyone had any success getting the address book to appear? I'm thinking of buying one of these phones soon. I guess I could do with the address book as long as it allows me to talk using the bluetooth system.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

If the phonebook doesn't transfer, you can manually enter the names and numbers. Use the "add name" command. I have the directions somewhere if you need them.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='362669' date='Dec 1 2006, 05:50 PM
If the phonebook doesn't transfer, you can manually enter the names and numbers. Use the "add name" command. I have the directions somewhere if you need them.
I don't think that works anymore -- if it does, I think it might be only with the CPT9000 phone and not a Bluetooth phone...
Old 12-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='356622' date='Nov 15 2006, 07:53 PM
I went in to the bluetooth settings tab, then the phone tab on the idrive. On the Blackjack I turned the bluetooth on and it recognized the BMW. The Blackjack showed "BMW60277" on the screen. I selected "BMW60277" on the Blackjack and on the idrive screen it asked me for the pass key. I typed in 60277. Idrive then asked if I wanted to accept the connection (I hit "yes"). The headset icon appeared on the Blackjack and when I went to the communication menu in idrive it said "please wait" on the screen. After 1-2 minutes the "please wait" screen disappeared and it went back to the idrive main menu. I selected the communication menu and it said there's no phone found.

What gives? Any ideas.
Don't know if this pertains to Samsung phones, but Motorola and LG phones uses 4 zeros (0000) as the pass key for bluetooth synchronization. Try it out....good luck!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i 6speed white/black comfort seats,l7,nav,sat,m-tech

Originally Posted by terracotta' post='363387' date='Dec 4 2006, 01:53 AM
Don't know if this pertains to Samsung phones, but Motorola and LG phones uses 4 zeros (0000) as the pass key for bluetooth synchronization. Try it out....good luck!
do you mean where you enter in bt passkey? b/c mine asks for a passkey to connect the phone but that is a six digit number on the BTUM.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by chuckg' post='364084' date='Dec 5 2006, 10:04 PM
do you mean where you enter in bt passkey? b/c mine asks for a passkey to connect the phone but that is a six digit number on the BTUM.
Most of the phones use 4 zeroes as the BT passkey. If not, your phone/device owner's manual should tell you what passkey to use. Good luck!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sapphire Black 2005 545i Silver Gray M-Aero kit (totalled)

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='356618' date='Nov 15 2006, 07:29 PM

I am experiencing the same problem. How did the JETware fare?

Quick Reply: Phone pairing problem