Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Peculiar issue with address book

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took delivery of my approved F11 a couple of days ago and I have noticed a problem. When I test drove the car a week ago, I connected my phone to the car and could see my address book but no messages. As part of the deal with the salesman, I got BMW to update the software to the latest version. When I connected my and my wife's phones to the car my wife's phone showed both the message function and the address book. Mine shows only the messages but no address book.

Both my wife and I have HTC Sensation (Android phones) and both connect to the same car (F11) no problem. Both get the messages all right, my wife's phone gets the address book all right and the contact details stay there. Mine connects OK the first time I pair the phone, both messages and address book. After three minutes the address book is nowhere to be found, and I get a 'no contacts stored' on the professional navigation screen.

When pairing both phones for the first time to the car, I get a pop up screen asking me if I want to allow the phone to share my address book with the car. In both cases I chose yes and tick the box that says 'always accept'. But while in my wife's case the address book stays, mine disappears. The funny/weird thing about it is that my address book information (name of contact etc) is there (on the dashboard underneath the rpm and tachometer) if I press the telephone button in my steering wheel, as well as appearing in my 'last numbers' and 'missed calls' and 'received calls' on my professional system. But as I said, it does not appear in my 'phone book' category in the professional system.

If I delete and unpair my phone and the car and re-pair, the same thing happens. Phone book appears for a few minutes and then disappears again...
Old 03-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seing the huge interest this thread has attracted, I am happy to report that I finally got to the bottom of this. It seems like my yesterday's celebrations were premature, as this afternoon the phonebook went again! So I though to myself, what have I done since resetting the phone (and the address book worked in the car) and up to the moment where it stopped working? Well, I had added pictures to some of my contacts. this, for some reason stopped the phone sharing messages and the address book with the car. The messages stopped being updated (so only messages from up to last night were displayed) and the address book went. After I removed the pictures the address book and the messages synchronized again. Weird...