Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Palm pre?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009 | 11:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 525xi Jet black sprint booster ACS front lip

Anyone got it, or thinking of getting it? does/will it work with the wireless bluetooth in our cars? I'm seriously thinking of switching from tmo to sprint to get it... any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2009 | 08:11 PM
Members

My Ride: MR2004 545

Originally Posted by dudemeister' post='903987' date='Jun 8 2009, 02:22 AM
Anyone got it, or thinking of getting it? does/will it work with the wireless bluetooth in our cars? I'm seriously thinking of switching from tmo to sprint to get it... any suggestions?

The Pre works with my 2004/545. So far, it seems to have better voice quality then my old Treo. I can't figure out how to transfer my favorite phone numbers. And, after two days, getting to sync with the car everytime is tedious. Hopefully this will make more sense soon.
Old 06-12-2009 | 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by dudemeister' post='903987' date='Jun 8 2009, 02:22 AM
My suggestion is go to your sprint store and play with it for a while. My brother bought it, and I didn't care for it that much. The interface is really nice! Apps perform well, e-mail, etc. I like the dust function. Even with a QWERTY keyboard though, I thought the hardware was flimsy at best. Google maps is really nice.

I have a RAZR still, and have decided to upgrade to the iphone 3gs. I am NOT an iphone freak. I've never owned one. But based on my personal experience, the iphone still excels. But still....I would suggest you go to your local Sprint store and play around with it and decide for yourself!
Old 06-13-2009 | 03:52 PM
Members

I have a 2005/545i and recently purchased the Palm Pre, previously owned a Blackberry 8830 paired with the car. I was able the pair the Pre the first day I got the phone, the sound quality was better than the blackberry. My contacts did not transfer the first day however the next day i got in the car, it paired automatically and pulled all my contacts. I recently had issues with iDrive locking up so the dealer upgraded me to the latest iDrive software so not sure if that is why my contacts are working.

The Pre is great so far, only a few cons such as battery life, they really need to fix that on the next release and inability to control your notification alerts for SMS and such. I can only get a full use of the phone for about half a day with very lite usage which is mainly email before the battery dies. Email works fines with our Corporate Exchange 2007 Server and I have added a personal gmail account which also works well. Try it first before you buy it, I went to the sprint store for about 1 hour playing around with, I been a Blackberry user for over 5 years but just got tired of waiting around for a new Blackberry to come to Sprint. If have any questions or need help, let me know.

p.s. I also think there is bug on the phone, when the battery dies and shuts the phone off, the only way I have been able to get the phone to power back up is by pulling the battery out. I had another Pre owner confirm this happened to them as well.

Regards,
Akhan
2005/545i ( no customizations, everything is as it was from the factory.)
Old 06-14-2009 | 10:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 525xi Jet black sprint booster ACS front lip

Thanks guys!!
The info was very helpful, but I agree its best that I go and try one first. I just have to find some free time to go and test the pre. For some reason I dont like the iphone that much and really think that the pre is a better option. Will keep you posted if I try or end up getting one.
Old 06-15-2009 | 01:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dudemeister' post='903987' date='Jun 8 2009, 12:22 AM
I looks nice, great OS. Definitely a better effort than the Google Android phone.

But it lacks the multimedia of the iphone. This is what will keep the iphone at the top, one device that replaces your existing mobile phone and ipod.
Old 06-17-2009 | 02:32 AM
Members

My Ride: MR2004 545

After a few days since my last post, the Pre now syncs with my car automatically and, for some mysterious reason, all 1,000 or so of my contacts are transfered to the car. I was surprised and delighted when this started but it's way tedious finding a single number!
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

Originally Posted by Dandager' post='914278' date='Jun 17 2009, 11:32 AM
.......................................but it's way tedious finding a single number!
Try voice commmand? - I always use this method, a world more efficient...................................
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:29 AM
Contributors

you can buy whatever you want, it will never be an iPhone
Old 06-17-2009 | 03:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='914297' date='Jun 17 2009, 07:29 AM
you can buy whatever you want, it will never be an iPhone
They'll have to tear my Blackberry Bold out of my cold, dead hands -- if my wife doesn't do it first.

Quick Reply: Palm pre?