Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Oh no....v710 going away???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

Just got my '06 530i 6 weeks ago and decided to finally get a BT enabled phone. All of the Verizon stores here in the Mpls area are SOLD OUT of the v710, and worse yet, I am being told that it is being replaced by the e815. In fact the e815 is appearing in the Sunday paper ads today. I don't suppose anyone has any experience with the e815?? I'll probably use the 15 day return policy to check compatibility, and go with a treo 650 if it doesn't work.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

Originally Posted by Big Jim' date='Jul 3 2005, 12:53 PM
Just got my '06 530i 6 weeks ago and decided to finally get a BT enabled phone.? All of the Verizon stores here in the Mpls area are SOLD OUT of the v710, and worse yet, I am being told that it is being replaced by the e815.? In fact the e815 is appearing in the Sunday paper ads today.? I don't suppose anyone has any experience with the e815??? I'll probably use the 15 day return policy to check compatibility, and go with a treo 650 if it doesn't work.
[snapback]145529[/snapback]

Finally got the e815. Turns out I could have still bought the v710 online through Verizon, but it is being phased out. Decided to roll the dice on the "new" version, and I am proud to report that it works like a champ right out of the box.