Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia E90 Communicator and E60 MY2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear all,

I just want to share my recent experience with Nokia E90. I have had it working with my E60 for quite some time, i.e. dialing and receiving calls however, no contacts listed in the display of my E60.
I can live without the contacts but it would be nice to have them working as well. Today I tried to send my contacts to the car and it worked...if

1) I'd only send one contact at the time
2) It worked both if sending complete contact and/or only one selected number from the selected contact
3) It did not work when I tried to send the whole contact book via bluetooth to the car. Only some names showed up and the rest was missing.
4) Once a contact was send it did not show up until I turned off the car and disconnected the BT connection by simply locking the car as if I were to park it.

Here is how I managed it to work

1) Removed any old pairing
2) Setup a new pairing
3) Start the car, wait until the phone connects and the BT icon shows in the car display
4) Open contacts on the Nokia E90, select "one contact", select "options", select "send contact", select "by bluetooth", select "to the BMW pairing"
5) The Nokia E90 reports quite fast that the contact has been sent (a quick progress bar is shown on the phone display)
6) Wait a couple of minutes
7) Turn off the engine, the ignition, remove key, lock car (basically making sure that the BT pairing is completely disconnected)
8) Unloock car, start car and wait until phone connects via BT. Select Communication, Select by entry...VOILA!

I have tried to send several contacts (one by one) under point 4 above before moving to point 5 but the maximum contacts I have been able to transfer in one go is 9. After that the car does not accept input and I need to restart at point 3 and send another 9 until I have transferred my complete phonebook.

The best thing is of course that all numbers remain the next time you enter your car and connect your phone.

Kind regards
Knubblo