Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition and Bluetooth compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

I am currently using a Nokia 8800 which woks absolutely fine with my professional sat nav and bluetooth setup. I have now been offered a Nokia 8800 Sirocco edition for a very tempting price but wanted to know if it is compatable with the BMW bluetooth system before I buy it - is anyone using this - any comments appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

No one got this phone then!?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i R6 SMG M-Sport; Silver Gray & Gray Dakota; Comfort Seats; L7; Adaptive Xenons; Advanced A/C; BlueTooth

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='361002' date='Nov 27 2006, 10:49 AM
I am currently using a Nokia 8800 which woks absolutely fine with my professional sat nav and bluetooth setup. I have now been offered a Nokia 8800 Sirocco edition for a very tempting price but wanted to know if it is compatable with the BMW bluetooth system before I buy it - is anyone using this - any comments appreciated.

Thanks
I have got Nokia8800 and my car is approx. year older than yours ... and for me is absolutely frustrating to see your "quote" "works absolutely fine" since I've never succeded to pair mine. In fact mine "works absolutely fine" only on the first attempt ... and until I switch car off ... any hint from you. I have got latest Progman and firmware on the phone.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Members

hi
Nokia 8800 Sirocco edition works fine
Nokia 8800 works not
E60 navi professional j 2003
Old 12-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Members

hi
8800 sirocco edition work with my bmw 525'06 navi BT very fine, accept calls, voice commands, identification number, but don't work sms service
Old 12-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

I have had the 8800 phone since January 2006 and like most people can't get it to work properly. I can get it to connect and all is well until I turn the ignition off and then it wont let me make or receive calls, If I want this to work I have to remove the phones BT connection from the car and re connect it manually each time I get into my car. I have software version 03.94 from 01/06. My wife got a sw upgrade to 4.10 and this also does not work with the BMW BT.

My pal had the same phone and like everybody else had battery issues with it, so they replaced it last week for him. The SW version on his is 04.17. On friday he picked up his new car a 03 525i. Guess what? The phone connected perfectly with it and is giving him no problems.

So I imagine the Scirrocco is probably running the same software and will work

regards,

Grinche
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

How about the 8801? Has anyone tried that one yet?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Members

I am running on Nokia 8800 firmware version 03.60 dated 12/08/05m and I have not changed anything as it works perfectly! I leave the car and when I get back as long as my bluetooth is on in the phone it reconnects itself within seconds of sitting in the car and the phonebook transfers too

I also have a Sony Ericsson P990i and the car does not want to know the phone :thumbsdown: A shame really as the P990i was launched as a business phone and I find it very strange that it does not work with an executive car
Old 01-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 530D SPORT MEDIA PACKAGE, SITTING ON 19'S

been using the 8800 sirocco for the last 2 months and i have to say it works better than my Nokia 8800 ever did i have also had the software upgraded in my car and with this upgrade and the firmware in my phone it seems to work fantastically i even get the signal strengh which i never did before on my 8800.

so caller id call waiting all of it works 100%

cheers

don
Old 01-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Members

Cheers DON-V-

Can you post your phone's software version number and also the Car's software" version?

Did you loose your LED eyebrow above the headlights with the car update!?

Also does the Sirocco have expandable memory (does it take a memory card!)?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition and Bluetooth compatibility