Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia 8800 B-Tooth

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, my 2 day old 5er is fantastic apart from the B-Tooth annoying the sh1t outa me.

I had the 8800 upgraded to v3.78 on the morning of pickup in anticipation and it works really well on initial pairing until the ignition is switched off.

On restart the phone appears to pair and when i make a call the phone starts to connect then spontaneously disconnects and then comes up with a message from iDrive saying "please activate "phone".

The only recovery is to delete the phone form iDrive; delete the pairing on the phone and re-start the whole process which is a right royal pain in the arse!!!!

So, short of chucking the phone (which is practically brand new and not inexpensive let me say) in favour of a Nokia 6230, what else is there to try??

How do I ascertain the CIP version; does this smell of ?upgrade req?d???

Has anyone seen these symptoms??

Does anyone have good functionality from there 8800??

Cheers (from scorching Sydney)

Thommo
Old 01-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i R6 SMG M-Sport; Silver Gray & Gray Dakota; Comfort Seats; L7; Adaptive Xenons; Advanced A/C; BlueTooth

Originally Posted by ozhaggis' post='217859' date='Jan 1 2006, 07:48 AM
So, my 2 day old 5er is fantastic apart from the B-Tooth annoying the sh1t outa me.

I had the 8800 upgraded to v3.78 on the morning of pickup in anticipation and it works really well on initial pairing until the ignition is switched off.

On restart the phone appears to pair and when i make a call the phone starts to connect then spontaneously disconnects and then comes up with a message from iDrive saying "please activate "phone".

The only recovery is to delete the phone form iDrive; delete the pairing on the phone and re-start the whole process which is a right royal pain in the arse!!!!

So, short of chucking the phone (which is practically brand new and not inexpensive let me say) in favour of a Nokia 6230, what else is there to try??

How do I ascertain the CIP version; does this smell of ?upgrade req?d???

Has anyone seen these symptoms??

Does anyone have good functionality from there 8800??

All the same to the every single point. My CIP in the car is 16.some and everyhing (but phone now) works excellent ... maybe CIP upg will save the thing. My older Nokia8910i altough it's not listed as compatible works excelent and for half a year now.

I tried Nokia8800 before I bought it and since first pairing gives cool results I was convinced ... imagine disapointment.

Cheers (from scorching Sydney)

Thommo