Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia 8800

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

In case anyone was interested, I've traded up from that RAZR (which looked lovely, but I couldn't be doing with the UI), to a Nokia 8800 which works absolutely fine with my v17 software.

Only differences - can't get to the other numbers stored under the same name - i.e. if there is more than one number stored for one contact, you can only get the first one, and the signal strength doesn't show in the iDrive screen.

Aside from that, the batterly life is about the same, but the phone is oh so much nicer to use ...
Old 07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

both nes and i are interested. you can see that from this post. thanks for sharing . if you don't me asking, how much did you pay for the phone itself, w/o contract?
Old 07-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

It is on contract, but I hardly pay anything for my phones given that my monthly bills are fairly sizable! I understand it is the most expensive phone that Vodafone in the UK sell, so I would presume that with a normal contract it would be in the reigon of ?100-200??? But that is a guess - sorry I can't be more helpful
Old 07-20-2005, 02:21 AM
Senior Members

i know signing a new contract will bring down the cost but i haven't signed new contract for years. so i guess you probably wouldn't know the cost of the phone itself, right ?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Members

?650 from expansys.co.uk - I think they have a US site too.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

that's way too much . i've seen it in ebay for less than $900 . the only thing i don't like about it is it'll get fingerprints/dirty very easy :'(.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Members

It actually doesn't get that dirty - the finish is stainless steel and actually keeps a lot cleaner than my RAZR did
Old 07-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Senior Members

i think i'll get it when the price drop a little more .
Old 07-21-2005, 04:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by New535' date='Jul 19 2005, 01:17 PM
In case anyone was interested, I've traded up from that RAZR (which looked lovely, but I couldn't be doing with the UI), to a Nokia 8800 which works absolutely fine with my v17 software.

Only differences - can't get to the other numbers stored under the same name - i.e. if there is more than one number stored for one contact, you can only get the first one, and the signal strength doesn't show in the iDrive screen.

Aside from that, the batterly life is about the same, but the phone is oh so much nicer to use ...
[snapback]150775[/snapback]
I have been eyeing that phone also - could you please let me know if the phonebook does transfer over to the Idrive?
Old 07-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d se auto. black sapphire, 17" 5 spoke 138 style alloys. dark poplar trim, charcoal flat weave cloth, bluetooth phone prep, dimming rear view and side mirrors, lumbar support, heated front deats, phone cradle

i have a 8800 too, it works great when you initially pair up with the car. But once you turn off the ignition and turn it on again the still connect until you make a phone call where it suddenly dissonects for some reason
anyone know if this is down to idrive software version or something else!?

Quick Reply: Nokia 8800