Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia 6500 Classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 520d Msport, Silver Grey, Amethyst Dakota Leather, 19" Mixed alloys, Media Pack, Visibility pack, Electric Memory seats, Heated Seats, Folding mirrors. 2007 320d Msport Touring, Sparkling Graphite, Lemon Dakota Leather, Comfort Access, Heated Seats. Westfield Megablade, Honda Fireblade 919cc engine, 135 BHP, 416 Kgs, FAST!!

Originally Posted by kingab' post='515442' date='Jan 9 2008, 11:33 AM
Actually the 6500 is only supported on new post 2007 cars.

I have a 2005 5 Series and it intermittently crashes the Bluetooth software and the Radio!
Well it works fine in my 2006 5 Series with Professional Nav.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by megablade' post='515949' date='Jan 10 2008, 03:04 PM
Well it works fine in my 2006 5 Series with Professional Nav.
It worked fine with mine for five weeks, then it crashed the bluetooth and radio on the same day. When I went to the dealer they confirmined that it was a known bug with the Bluetooth and stated that BMW did not fix bugs with any phone not listed as fully supported. If you check the web site you will see that the 6500 is only supported on cars made after September of 2007.

They also told me that as I had now used a unsuported phone they would not fix any issues with the bluetooth as I had inavlidated the Warreny, and that as the BT was an optional extra it was not covered by the 3 year warrenty anyway.

BTW this will provably be my last BMW because it is obvious to me that after 7 cars the service has now gone west
Old 01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 520d Msport, Silver Grey, Amethyst Dakota Leather, 19" Mixed alloys, Media Pack, Visibility pack, Electric Memory seats, Heated Seats, Folding mirrors. 2007 320d Msport Touring, Sparkling Graphite, Lemon Dakota Leather, Comfort Access, Heated Seats. Westfield Megablade, Honda Fireblade 919cc engine, 135 BHP, 416 Kgs, FAST!!

KIngab,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience, but how can BMW claim that an optional extrais not covered by the 3 year warrenty?? Would an auto not be covered as it is an optional extra?? They fitted it before it left the factory, therefore it is covered! In fact in my last 3 series my cradle broke, they claimed that this was not covered as it was bought after the car, but they replaced it in the end. I think that is the issue, optional extra supplied by dealer versus factory fitted optional extra.

Try a different dealer, where are you?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by megablade' post='516077' date='Jan 10 2008, 08:27 PM
KIngab,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience, but how can BMW claim that an optional extrais not covered by the 3 year warrenty?? Would an auto not be covered as it is an optional extra?? They fitted it before it left the factory, therefore it is covered! In fact in my last 3 series my cradle broke, they claimed that this was not covered as it was bought after the car, but they replaced it in the end. I think that is the issue, optional extra supplied by dealer versus factory fitted optional extra.

Try a different dealer, where are you?
Unfortunatly I have it in writing from BMW below is lifted from the email from BMW Customer Service:-

The manufacturer?s warranty supplied with your vehicle covers the cost of repairs in the unlikely event that a component fails due to a manufacturing defect. This applies to the standard options on your vehicle and optional extras. It does not cover the cost of factory fitted optional upgrades such as updated Bluetooth compatibility.

They are stating that supporting any bluetooth device other than the list current at point of manufacture is an upgrade not a warrenty call as they are not selling a "Bluetooth Car Kit" they are selling a car kit that will work with a very limited list of phones via bluetooth. And because the faliure I had on my Radio was listed as being caused by using a Nokia 6500 they point blank refused to even look at it.

BTW the dealer was poor, however they are only stating the party line.

I am going to change dealer - to an Alpha, Merc or Audi dealer

BTW I am in the UK Midlands and all the local BMW dealers are owned by one company.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Members

Indeed this is a worrying trend.

However, in this world of ever increasing litigation where the likes of Mcdonalds have to put "Contents might be hot" on a coffee cup, where in the manual (I have read it) does it say a) the list of compatible phones and b) do not connect a newer phone??

I do not doubt what you have been told for 1 minute, but I would certainly not take that lying down.

The only list of compatible phones is on the internet, to which you do not have access to do you you use your blackberry for email dont you!!

Finally good luck with the Audi dealers!! I have just come back to BMW because Audi was SHOCKING
Old 01-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Members

My march 2004 non nac car works fine with 6500c for about a month now.

Are you saying your car has been damaged by trying to pair it with the 6500c, I think your within your rights to demand it fixed if thats the case, there is no list of phones provided with the car so anything with BT is fair game and the car should be robust enough not to break

At the same time it's not fair to ask bmw to recode your car BT to work with the latest phones....
Old 03-02-2008, 08:29 AM
aks
Members

Originally Posted by GarryF' post='516428' date='Jan 11 2008, 07:44 PM
At the same time it's not fair to ask bmw to recode your car BT to work with the latest phones....
Why not? Maybe a fee is appropriate, but BMW is a premium brand and they should move with the times. Newer vehicles already have the s/w versions that support newer phones. And why is that the BMW bluetooth kits are so flaky in the first place? Have the phone manufacturers really changed the format of the data transferred with every phone released - well, it seems so
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

I dont like it how BMW makes their list of Phone Compatibility according to their US consumers more than the EU or ASIAN consumers who have more advanced phones like 2 years ahead than anywhere else...come on BMW its not that hard.......