Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia 6310i & Auto Shut Off

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

bought a my 2006 E61 with bt interface and snap-in for my 6310i: I will the cell switched on when the ignition key is fitted and being shutoff when the key is removed, like my previous merc E320CDI did, but anyway the phone stays on disregarding the ignition key.

BMW tech told me that this should be done by the phone but found nothing in the Nokia user manual.

Does anyone experienced this?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by e61alex' post='262905' date='Mar 31 2006, 10:59 AM
Hello everyone,

bought a my 2006 E61 with bt interface and snap-in for my 6310i: I will the cell switched on when the ignition key is fitted and being shutoff when the key is removed, like my previous merc E320CDI did, but anyway the phone stays on disregarding the ignition key.

BMW tech told me that this should be done by the phone but found nothing in the Nokia user manual.

Does anyone experienced this?
sorry couldnt really understand your question,but do you mean that after removing or turning off the ignition the phone is styill alive or active?
i believe this is most likely the reason.
this happen because the phone holder is active for the duration of a call or about 10 minutes after the car shuts down into sleep mode,this is part of the electrical systems process enabvling you to continue the use of the phone after ignition is turned off. you can check this by looking through the window after turning off car from outside and you will see the led on door window switch drivers side and the auto gearbox led in the transmission tunnel led alight for a period after locking car,will extinquish when phone etc shutsdown.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

I think you want to have the cellphone turning itself ON when you put your key in the ignition? And you want the cellphone to turn OFF when you step out of the car (ignition OFF)?

I cannot think of a setting on the phone or the car where this will work.

I also donot understand why this is something you would want to have? One of the main advantages of this BT system is that you can use the same phone in and out of the car.

There is a possibility the set the Nokia to specific settings when connected (or NOT) to the carkit (headset profile). This cannot switch the phone ON or OFF.

Eric
Old 04-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by radioham' post='263132' date='Mar 31 2006, 10:57 PM
sorry couldnt really understand your question,but do you mean that after removing or turning off the ignition the phone is styill alive or active?
i believe this is most likely the reason.
this happen because the phone holder is active for the duration of a call or about 10 minutes after the car shuts down into sleep mode,this is part of the electrical systems process enabvling you to continue the use of the phone after ignition is turned off. you can check this by looking through the window after turning off car from outside and you will see the led on door window switch drivers side and the auto gearbox led in the transmission tunnel led alight for a period after locking car,will extinquish when phone etc shutsdown.
Thank you for replying me.
The reason my request is that I have two phone cells with the same number, let's call one the master and other the slave: when is on the master can both receive and originate calls while the slave cannot handle incoming calls; on my previous car (merc E320 CDI) I had a snapin where I kept the master phone all the time, that was automatically powered on while starting the car.
When the car was switched off then the phone has been shutoff after a user regulable time spanning from 1 minute to 1 or more hours, so the 2nd cell phone in my pocket became the master thus can handle incoming calls. All this was good since the 'fixed' phone was connected to the external antenna and had back-up power without battery-charge hassles.
After this looong explanation, I thought this could be possible to achieve on the new E61: bought the snapin, verified thru bmw that it's connected to the outer antenna and that is powered via the car but it does not behaving as expected...