Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Nokia 5800

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005(55) E60 M Sport. Silver Grey, 19" wheels, Media Pack, Visibility Pack. Black Dakota Leather, High Gloss Dark Maple Wood.

I have just got a Nokia 5800 phone and it is great. It does not work with my 2005 530d. I get it to pair then it drops the connection. Sometimes it will reconnect but always drops the connection after a few minutes. Any ideas?

I have the most recent phone firmware and the car is ok as I use a Blackberry 8820 and it works fine, including the phone book. I assume it is just another issue with Nokia and the lack of Bluetooth development by BMW.

You would think that paying a vast amount of cash for an inferior product, BMW would have it sorted by now. How can Parrot get their product to work with just about any phone you mention and it costs about 15% of the cost of the BMW option. God bless Germany, especially BMW! (It could be worse, I could have an Audi!! )
Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 525DSE Auto Touring. 2004 54 plate Metalic saffire Black, Active Steering. 18 Inch Style 124 Alloys, falken 452s Beige Leather Dark Poplar Wood Trim xenon bulb upgrade blutooth phone prep

my wifes 5800 works great in our 2004 e61 it does not drop connection
when she first got it i could pair it ok but could not get the phonebook on
the i drive until i worked it out that i had to send them as buisness cards
since then works fine good luck with yours
Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005(55) E60 M Sport. Silver Grey, 19" wheels, Media Pack, Visibility Pack. Black Dakota Leather, High Gloss Dark Maple Wood.

Originally Posted by hey3688' post='908207' date='Jun 11 2009, 10:55 PM
my wifes 5800 works great in our 2004 e61 it does not drop connection
when she first got it i could pair it ok but could not get the phonebook on
the i drive until i worked it out that i had to send them as buisness cards
since then works fine good luck with yours
Thanks for that. How did you send the business cards? Do you have to do it one at a time? What about of you add new ones?

Cheers.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 525DSE Auto Touring. 2004 54 plate Metalic saffire Black, Active Steering. 18 Inch Style 124 Alloys, falken 452s Beige Leather Dark Poplar Wood Trim xenon bulb upgrade blutooth phone prep

i sent the contacts one at a time if you select your contact scroll down and you will see
send as buisness card and just confirm and it will ask where to send it just select bmwxxx
dont know if you can transfer multiple buiness cards at same time takes ages doing them
one at a time if you have quite a lot pain in the ass
Old 06-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Members

Nokia phones.
Transfer or copy all the contacts from the sim card to the phone memory.
Pair the phone with the car.
Switch off car ignition...and wait a couple of minuits.
Switch on ignition. Car and phone will pair...... hopefully!
Go to the phone menu.
With the first entry highlighted...
Select 'Options'.
Select 'Mark'.
That will put a tick next to the entry
Repeat to mark a block of names for example A-F
Starting from entries from say A through to F
Select 'Send as business card'.
At this point the phone will more than likely say 'data transfer fail' or something similar!
After a short wait you should see the entries start to appear in the idrive monitor.
They will probably all appear and then disappear again.
Switch off ignition....and wait again!!
Switch on and the phone will pair and the list of transferred names will appear!
Repeat the process for the next block say G through to L
Repeat again for each block of letters.
Finally turn off ...wait....!
Turn on again and all should be good.
I don't know why but that was the only way I could get all the names to transfer. It certainly didn't want to do the whole address book in one go!
Attached Thumbnails Nokia 5800-n95.3.jpg  
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by daven' post='910588' date='Jun 13 2009, 09:35 PM
Nokia phones.
Transfer or copy all the contacts from the sim card to the phone memory.
Pair the phone with the car.
Switch off car ignition...and wait a couple of minuits.
Switch on ignition. Car and phone will pair...... hopefully!
Go to the phone menu.
With the first entry highlighted...
Select 'Options'.
Select 'Mark'.
That will put a tick next to the entry
Repeat to mark a block of names for example A-F
Starting from entries from say A through to F
Select 'Send as business card'.
At this point the phone will more than likely say 'data transfer fail' or something similar!
After a short wait you should see the entries start to appear in the idrive monitor.
They will probably all appear and then disappear again.
Switch off ignition....and wait again!!

Hi. I have tried all sorts with my Nokia 5800. I can get it to pair fine but after a couple of min utes it drops the connection. I have deleted it then paired again and sometimes it stays connected. As soon as I stop and switch off the ignition, restart and it will sometimes pair but then drop the connection.

Is there something I am not doing? The phone appears to be ok as does the car. I can pair all sorts and they work - even if not on the BMW "approved" list.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Switch on and the phone will pair and the list of transferred names will appear!
Repeat the process for the next block say G through to L
Repeat again for each block of letters.
Finally turn off ...wait....!
Turn on again and all should be good.
I don't know why but that was the only way I could get all the names to transfer. It certainly didn't want to do the whole address book in one go!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Members

On the phone make sure you have <settings> <connectivity> wireless LAN scanning 'OFF' and 'bluetooth ON 'shown to all'
Also, and I don't know if it makes any difference but use a simple 'passcode' to pair with the car (I just use 4 zeroes).
Failing that try another Nokia 5800 and see how that fairs or get a Blackberry storm, that also works faultlessly (with my car at least!)
I may get a couple of Sony Ericssons' to try just for the hell of it!
Good luck I hope you get it sorted
Old 07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

My Nokia N86 and N97 both do the same thing. Drives me nuts.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 525

You CAN avoid connection drops disabling synchronization at all: Settings -> Connectivity -> Data transfer -> Sync | Options -> Edit sync profile -> Allow sync requests = Not allowed.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Members

Just to give you all a bit of an update.
I have tried all the suggestions given, thankyou, but still can't get the Nokia 5800 to work.
I even tried a N95 and 97 but still no joy.
At the end of my tether I bought an iPhone 3GS. After setting it up I thought it time to pair it with my E60. Based on the time it has taken to mess with the Nokia's I allowed an afternoon. I followed the usual pairing proceedure and............. It paired and downloaded the whole phone book at first attempt. I am so impressed with it.
Moral is------ forget latest model Nokia phones.

Quick Reply: Nokia 5800