Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

NO BLUETOOTH ON 2004 E60?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Feb 3 2005, 09:31 AM
MY car was manufactured 8/17/04 according to BMW N.A. customer relations they are finding poor reception when bluetooth is enabled. They suggest changing TCU but have not offered to accept any responsibility. The customer service person suggested that I contact the service manager at the dealership and plead my case to him. According to her, the local service manager may be able to get my car sorted out. BUT NO GUARANTEE. I am really disappointed in BMW NA policy on this issue. I will keep you all informed.
[snapback]86398[/snapback]
You are getting hte standard run around. The TCU part number in the BMW parts system today is the same part number that has been used since March 04. All that you should require is to get BT activated by your dealer. Once it shows up under Communications in the idrive menu, just pair an approved phone and you are in business.

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

The recetion is very good, maybe not as good as a more recent version, but IMO more than acceptable. I have played with the volume by lowering it as recommended by other members and it seems to work well. I think some dealers are either covering the butts or looking to sell you some equipment. My only complaint is what I had to spend to get a phone and car working.

If anybody is interested in the Razr phone and you do not currently have service with Cingular, the phone can be bought from amazon for $259.00 after rebates. I paid $400+ and after 3 months I can apply for the rebate. I love the phone, I just hope I live long enough to figure out how to use all of its features.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

I just picked up the Razr from Amazon. Works like champ!
I have a July 2004 Car and it paired just fine. (I had Assael do the software upgrade last time i was in there getting my Wheels replaced for the pothole damage.)

charley
Old 04-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

This may have already been pointed out, I have not read through all of the info, but when I went to do this, there was a service bulletin that clearly stated that March builds had the proper TCU and only need a s/w upgrade. I have a July 04 build and had no problem with the blue tooth phone and the reception after I did the s/w upgrade.

I do have a few people that say they get some feedback of thier voices talking, but I don't think that is a function of the TCU.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jsal' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:07 AM
This may have already been pointed out, I have not read through all of the info, but when I went to do this, there was a service bulletin that clearly stated that March builds had the proper TCU and only need a s/w upgrade.? I have a July 04 build and had no problem with the blue tooth phone and the reception after I did the s/w upgrade.

I do have a few people that say they get some feedback of thier voices talking, but I don't think that is a function of the TCU.
[snapback]115635[/snapback]
You're right, March is the cuttoff date but there are some March cars that didn't get the proper TCU. April appears to be the true first month of all proper TCUs. As for the "voice talking" if you mean echo, that was corrected in the CIP in V15x.