Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

NO BLUETOOTH ON 2004 E60?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 04:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Feb 3 2005, 10:31 AM
MY car was manufactured 8/17/04 according to BMW N.A. customer relations they are finding poor reception when bluetooth is enabled. They suggest changing TCU but have not offered to accept any responsibility. The customer service person suggested that I contact the service manager at the dealership and plead my case to him. According to her, the local service manager may be able to get my car sorted out. BUT NO GUARANTEE. I am really disappointed in BMW NA policy on this issue. I will keep you all informed.
[snapback]86398[/snapback]
jochet
Just got my BT enabled yesterday and WOOAAH it is both splendiferous and superlative, I have got the Sony Ericcson T637, the sound quality in the car is fantastic out going and incoming calls work like a charm, just need to upload my phone book into the car,
I don't know about you guys but i just want to spend more and more time in that car. if Only i did not work out of town, well at least i get to cruz up and down ATL over the weekend so I am cool.
oh BTW suddenly started seeing CD text from my CDs guess that was due to the Software upgrade, the Ultimate Driving Machine seems to get better and better
PM me if you have any questions
Old 02-06-2005, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Feb 5 2005, 01:12 PM
[quote name='sj3' date='Feb 5 2005, 08:24 AM']Realityman:? I wish you the very best of luck, however, having bt show up in the menu is not the whole story.? Please let us know what happens when you try and pair a phone and call someone.? Hopefully, voice quality will be ok.? I think the main issue is how you will sound to callers.

Sam
[snapback]86993[/snapback]
The Treo 650 will be here next week. We'll see how it goes.

BTW, I'm probably the farthest thing from reality man.
[snapback]87049[/snapback]
[/quote]
I ordered a treo 650 with cingular service,I think still two weeks away. I am curious how yours turns out with the 650, let us know.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Feb 5 2005, 02:31 PM
[quote name='pharding' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:12 AM'][quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 4 2005, 09:28 AM']Looks like I came up a winner.? Bluetooth is now showing in the iDrive.? Just gotta get me a BT phone now.? I hope it'll work.
[snapback]86737[/snapback]
Go for the Motorola RAZR V3. It is a great phone and it works well with the car.
[snapback]86992[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm going to do just that, I think the RAZR is a very cool phone. I went to see my dealer yesterday afternoon armed with copy of their service bullitin after great discussion they agreeed to try to activate bluetooth in my car. Their saying that BMW is requiring that I have the next software upgrade, the last one took 3 days.
Here's my problem I am a small business owner, we use Nextel, I'm going to give up my phone, keep my number and buy a Cingular V3. My dealer wants me to leave the phone when I bring him the car, I cannot be without a cell phone, all my customers have that number. Any suggestions would be appreciated
[snapback]87054[/snapback]
[/quote]
Tell them that you will pair the phone yourself. They don't need it to do their part. Pairing is easy. Instructions are available on this forum. Check the DIY section. You will need the manual that comes with your phone.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by pennetta' date='Feb 6 2005, 08:50 AM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 5 2005, 01:12 PM'][quote name='sj3' date='Feb 5 2005, 08:24 AM']Realityman:? I wish you the very best of luck, however, having bt show up in the menu is not the whole story.? Please let us know what happens when you try and pair a phone and call someone.? Hopefully, voice quality will be ok.? I think the main issue is how you will sound to callers.

Sam
[snapback]86993[/snapback]
The Treo 650 will be here next week. We'll see how it goes.

BTW, I'm probably the farthest thing from reality man.
[snapback]87049[/snapback]
[/quote]
I ordered a treo 650 with cingular service,I think still two weeks away. I am curious how yours turns out with the 650, let us know.
[snapback]87246[/snapback]
[/quote]
Cingular told me that they had them in stock and to expect it in 3-5 business days.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by dfndr' date='Feb 6 2005, 10:42 AM
[quote name='jochet' date='Feb 5 2005, 02:31 PM'][quote name='pharding' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:12 AM'][quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 4 2005, 09:28 AM']Looks like I came up a winner.? Bluetooth is now showing in the iDrive.? Just gotta get me a BT phone now.? I hope it'll work.
Go for the Motorola RAZR V3. It is a great phone and it works well with the car.
[/quote]

I'm going to do just that, I think the RAZR is a very cool phone. I went to see my dealer yesterday afternoon armed with copy of their service bullitin after great discussion they agreeed to try to activate bluetooth in my car. Their saying that BMW is requiring that I have the next software upgrade, the last one took 3 days.
Here's my problem I am a small business owner, we use Nextel, I'm going to give up my phone, keep my number and buy a Cingular V3. My dealer wants me to leave the phone when I bring him the car, I cannot be without a cell phone, all my customers have that number. Any suggestions would be appreciated
[/quote]
Tell them that you will pair the phone yourself. They don't need it to do their part. Pairing is easy. Instructions are available on this forum. Check the DIY section. You will need the manual that comes with your phone.

Thanks for the advice, did you get your phone from Cingular? What is your opinion of getting an unlocked phone and choosing other providers? I hate getting signing a two year contract with Cingular, I have no idea how good they are.
[snapback]87258[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 02-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by dfndr' date='Feb 6 2005, 10:42 AM
[quote name='jochet' date='Feb 5 2005, 02:31 PM'][quote name='pharding' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:12 AM'][quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 4 2005, 09:28 AM']Looks like I came up a winner.? Bluetooth is now showing in the iDrive.? Just gotta get me a BT phone now.? I hope it'll work.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[snapback]87258[/snapback]
[/quote]

My dealer is not sure they will be able to enable bluetooth in my car, I'm not sure whether they are just inexperienced or trying to sell me a new tcu?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Feb 6 2005, 07:05 PM
My dealer is not sure they will be able to enable bluetooth in my car, I'm not sure whether they are just inexperienced or trying to sell me a new tcu?
[snapback]87409[/snapback]
jochet, you must find another dealer. My 06/04 build car has BT so it just boils down to the fact that your dealer is cluesless.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Feb 7 2005, 12:58 AM
[quote name='jochet' date='Feb 6 2005, 07:05 PM']My dealer is not sure they will be able to enable bluetooth in my car, I'm not sure whether they are just inexperienced or trying to sell me a new tcu?
[snapback]87409[/snapback]
jochet, you must find another dealer. My 06/04 build car has BT so it just boils down to the fact that your dealer is cluesless.
[snapback]87432[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Guy, I'm beginning to think you are right, the car is scheduled in on the 16th if they screw it up, I'm gone.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Feb 4 2005, 10:28 AM
Looks like I came up a winner.? Bluetooth is now showing in the iDrive.? Just gotta get me a BT phone now.? I hope it'll work.

What if the phone package for the car was not purchased is it possible to still use bluetooth technology?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jerryleguer' date='Mar 5 2005, 09:29 AM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Feb 4 2005, 10:28 AM']Looks like I came up a winner.? Bluetooth is now showing in the iDrive.? Just gotta get me a BT phone now.? I hope it'll work.

What if the phone package for the car was not purchased is it possible to still use bluetooth technology?
[snapback]97535[/snapback]
[/quote]

BT is doable regardless of purchase of the cars phone package. The question becomes was your car built after the magic day in 03/04 or do you have to pony up for a new TCU.

Quick Reply: NO BLUETOOTH ON 2004 E60?