Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

New RAZR Phone

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just picked up a new RAZR, but I'm a little frustrated. I assumed that since it had bluetooth functionality as well as a mini-USB port that synching with my Outlook to load all my contacts would be a breeze. I realize this is an e60 forum, but I am wheels up on Thursday for my 545i ED and I need to get my contacts loaded before I take off. I have tried Motorola and Cingular sites, but they are terrible. :bashwall: :thumbsdown:

I have connected to my PC via Bluetooth, but all I can do is transfer one vCard. Every time I try to sync, i get a message that the phone doesn't have any software to support the synchronization process. The mini-USB connection doesn't seem to do anything. I found some Mototola Phone Tools software written by some 3rd party vendor, but all the feedback I've read says that it sucks.

This can't be that hard and I'm sure that someone on this baord can point me in the right direction. Sorry for being somewhat off topic here, but I am interested in making sure that I can be up and running my my handsfree when I am cruising down the 'Bahn Friday afternoon!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

You need to buy the Motorola PhoneTools to sync to a PC.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Now I remember why I like Nokia -- free software tools!

Bummer about Moto not making them available for free but are you really going to need the contacts loaded while you're overseas? Is your Cingular RAZR even going to work over there?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 18 2005, 03:20 PM
Is your Cingular RAZR even going to work over there?
[snapback]150367[/snapback]
its a Quad-band GSM phone .. it'll work.

but don't ask what roaming charges will be .. lol
Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jul 18 2005, 01:16 PM
You need to buy the Motorola PhoneTools to sync to a PC.
[snapback]150365[/snapback]
I bought the software for the V3 to sync with Lotus Notes. My phone came with Motorola Phonetools but I had to upgrade to Mobile PhoneTools from BVRP for syncing with Notes. It even showed the V3 skin on the PC!!

I was not that impressed because it screwed up my Notes Calendar. I cannot recall it did manage contacts badly.

I bought the software at BVRP mobilePhoneTools. I passed the software through with the phone. Without a cradle this awesome phone drains its energy in the car in a short time.

Eric
Old 07-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 18 2005, 02:20 PM

Bummer about Moto not making them available for free but are you really going to need the contacts loaded while you're overseas?? Is your Cingular RAZR even going to work over there?
I agree, just gave up a Nokia and I was able to easily sync via the infrared port with their free software. Unfortunately didn't have Bluetooth and I want to be able to take andvantage in the e60.

I also need my contacts for business, i could do without the personal contacts for a few days.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Jul 18 2005, 04:13 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Jul 18 2005, 03:20 PM']Is your Cingular RAZR even going to work over there?
its a Quad-band GSM phone .. it'll work.

but don't ask what roaming charges will be .. lol
[snapback]150407[/snapback]
[/quote]

What, is $3.00 a minute bad???
Old 07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Eric525d' date='Jul 18 2005, 04:18 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Jul 18 2005, 01:16 PM']You need to buy the Motorola PhoneTools to sync to a PC.
[snapback]150365[/snapback]
I bought the software for the V3 to sync with Lotus Notes. My phone came with Motorola Phonetools but I had to upgrade to Mobile PhoneTools from BVRP for syncing with Notes. It even showed the V3 skin on the PC!!

I was not that impressed because it screwed up my Notes Calendar. I cannot recall it did manage contacts badly.

I bought the software at BVRP mobilePhoneTools. I passed the software through with the phone. Without a cradle this awesome phone drains its energy in the car in a short time.

Eric
[snapback]150411[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the info! I wonder why my RAZR didn't include the software. Any idea where I might be able to download it?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by adwebinc' date='Jul 18 2005, 06:11 PM
I agree, just gave up a Nokia and I was able to easily sync via the infrared port with their free software.? Unfortunately didn't have Bluetooth and I want to be able to take andvantage in the e60.

I also need my contacts for business, i could do without the personal contacts for a few days.
[snapback]150436[/snapback]
The Nokia 6230 does Bluetooth and works with the E60...
Old 07-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi, premium package, premium sound, steptronic, bi-xenon adaptive lights, PDC, rear sun shade, rear heating, cold weather package.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 18 2005, 03:20 PM

Bummer about Moto not making them available for free but are you really going to need the contacts loaded while you're overseas?? Is your Cingular RAZR even going to work over there?
Even though I am using a Motorola now due to the fact it has quad and bluetooth,
but I am not a big fan of Motorola. Nokia's PC Sute is free, also its user interface is the best of all the phones out there.

V551, Razr V3, they are quad-band capable but make sure you unlock the phone
first otherwise, in the US, they are probably locked to Cingular or T-Mobile

BVRP's MobilePhonetool is a must have for anyone with Motorola phone,
you can send and retrieve SMS via Mobile Phone Tool, transfer contact info, manage the ringtone, etc. If you are plan to stay with Motorola phones, I think it is worth the price.

Quick Reply: New RAZR Phone