Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

New i-drive icon

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005 | 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades
Thumbs up

I think this new icon (see attached image) has to do with "missed calls", but only appears when the phone is paired to the car and you miss a call. I must admit, I haven't been able to reproduce this - haven't missed a call when I am in the car. After I went into the Missed Calls in i-drive, the icon went away.

I have had missed calls on my phone in many occasions prior to getting into the car, but i've never seen this icon appear after I get into the car.

Anybody else know when this icon appears??
Attached Thumbnails New i-drive icon-i_drive_new_icon.jpg  
Old 12-18-2005 | 12:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M6 Coupe Sapphire Black/Black Merino Loaded

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='212887' date='Dec 18 2005, 12:55 PM
I think this new icon (see attached image) has to do with "missed calls", but only appears when the phone is paired to the car and you miss a call. I must admit, I haven't been able to reproduce this - haven't missed a call when I am in the car. After I went into the Missed Calls in i-drive, the icon went away.

I have had missed calls on my phone in many occasions prior to getting into the car, but i've never seen this icon appear after I get into the car.

You are right.. It's there when you miss a call while the phone is connected (paired)
Old 12-18-2005 | 12:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I think the Cell Phone icon tells you that your cell phone is connected through Bluetooth to the BMW, and that you are in your home network.

If your phone is roaming, then the Icon will be a Triangle.

Example.... I use T-Mobile. If my cell phone is on t_mobile network, I get the Cell phone Icon. If I am running on Cingular or SunCom, like when I am travelling... I get the triangle.

I never have any missed calls on my phone, so that would not explain the Icon.
Old 12-18-2005 | 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='212887' date='Dec 18 2005, 03:55 PM

It is the Missed Call icon. You must view the missed call on the I-drive menu then it will disappear. If you view it on the phone only it will not disappear.
Old 12-19-2005 | 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Very simple to test. Leave phone in car, key on so iDrive is active, go in house and call your cell phone. Let it ring long enough and then hang up. Go out and check car. ICON on or not, check miss call log in iDrive for your call.
Old 12-19-2005 | 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='213151' date='Dec 19 2005, 08:52 AM
Very simple to test. Leave phone in car, key on so iDrive is active, go in house and call your cell phone. Let it ring long enough and then hang up. Go out and check car. ICON on or not, check miss call log in iDrive for your call.
Very good suggestion. I haven't had time to try it... with holidays around the corner, I have been busy shopping and wrapping gifts!
Old 12-19-2005 | 09:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='213159
Very good suggestion. I haven't had time to try it... with holidays around the corner, I have been busy shopping and wrapping gifts!
[/quote]
Better man than me. I guess I should get started soon
Old 12-19-2005 | 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

I also get a picture of this Cell Phone if I receive a second call via call waiting while I am talking on first call. The Icon appears even if I accept the second call waiting.

For some reason, E60 bluetooth treats all call waiting calls as missed calls even if you accept the call.

As previously mentioned, to clear the Icon from your I-Drive screen, simply scroll to missed call log in I-Drive , highlite any number and push down on your I-Drive knob, a window will appear asking if you want to delete this number or "All" numbers in this menu, simply confirm to delete and the icon disappears.

I have also found that this Cell Phone Icon also appears when I get a low battery warning on my Cell Phone. I like this feature as it serves to remind me to plug my phone into the car charger, which I always seem to forget to do.
Old 12-19-2005 | 12:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='212892' date='Dec 18 2005, 04:23 PM
I think the Cell Phone icon tells you that your cell phone is connected through Bluetooth to the BMW, and that you are in your home network.

If your phone is roaming, then the Icon will be a Triangle.

Example.... I use T-Mobile. If my cell phone is on t_mobile network, I get the Cell phone Icon. If I am running on Cingular or SunCom, like when I am travelling... I get the triangle.

I never have any missed calls on my phone, so that would not explain the Icon.

Nonsense
(Sorry , I coulden't resist. Peace.)
Old 12-20-2005 | 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Unfornunatlely I do not get this icon here when my RAZR battery is low That wud be great because otherwise the icon is no good as it is very difficult to miss a call in the car unless you get two calls simulteneously but my phone is anyway programmed to redirect a second call to the voicemall in this case.

Anyway this icon displaying that you have a new message wud also be fine but i do not think that is the case