Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

N97

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009 | 12:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jengstro' post='1006955' date='Sep 14 2009, 06:46 AM
Let's 'assume' this kind of scenario...
The problem lies actually in car (motorola bt kit?)... now, they seemed to fix the bug in BT kit 2007 ->, can someone confirm that N95-N97 works on after 2007 built BMW's.
Nokia (New symbian S60) is just so clever, that it tries to use newer advanced BT techniques with the car... Car responses, I'm supporting it. Phone then moves to use this "protocol" -> Car's BT kit stops responding.
AFAIK problem can be fixed on either side with a SW update. It didn't work on Android phones either but due to huge demand they have released an update and it works okay now on various BT chips.
I stopped buying Nokia when I noticed they don't really care about their Customers. There was literally no response from the support about this issue.

Oh, and I'm using an 2006 E60.
Old 10-02-2009 | 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006
Originally Posted by klyeo' post='940620' date='Jul 13 2009, 07:50 AM
I tried pairing my N97 to my E60 (2006 Build). it connects and disconnects frequently. And the Phonebook doesnt transfer.

It was a problem which I had on my N95 but a firmware upgrade on N95 fixed it.

Aint sure if Nokia is going to fix the bluetooth stack on the N97.

Does anyone here hava a fix on this ? the dealers in my area won't upgrade my CIP because the N97 is not a "Supported phone"
Had the very same problem with my NOKIA N85----Did the following to fix the issue
1) First, upgrade your phone software if any update is avaliable
2) Use ONLY phone memory for contacts --Copy all your Address book contacts on your phone only to the PHONE Memory... Back up all your SIM contacts on your computer and then delete them from the SIM.

3) Use an EIGHT (8) digit pairing code to pair phone

Now before you pair your phone, delete all previous entries of bluetooth devies from both the car and from the phone.
Name your phone something different from what it was.
Disable the REMOTE SIM MODE on your phone, you can find it in bluetooth settings
Change your Enhancement settings on your phone and make the "Wireless Car Kit" as DEFAULT

MINE got started to work FINE after the above

GOOD LUCK AGAIN !
I am a die hard NOKIA phone but after I paired my girlfriends iphone with my 530i in a snap and saw all the features loaded on the CAR nav screen, I LOVED IT !
NOKIA is 2nd now