Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

My Sirius & BT

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Rob
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John W' date='Jan 1 2005, 12:53 PM
On the free year, it's automatically handled by Sirius when you activate.? They know it's a BMW unit.

I called Sirius to confirm anyway, and they said it was definitely being waived for 12 months.
[snapback]74387[/snapback]
I just called Sirius and they entered the VIN and the ESN of the Sirius unit and said there was no free year. Maybe this is only for factory-installed units?

I guess I'll bite the bullet and activate anyway without looking into it more. I really want to go out and drive and listen to the thing!
Old 01-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Rob
Members

Just a quick update: I activated the Sirius. It works great!

Rudy - looks like you're in luck
Old 01-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

Rob: What did you or the dealer have to do to get the BT activated. My car is the same build and everything I have read says you need to replace the CCC and the cost is up close to 2K??
Old 01-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Rob' date='Jan 1 2005, 04:42 PM
Just a quick update: I activated the Sirius. It works great!

Rudy - looks like you're in luck?
[snapback]74425[/snapback]
I am quite pumped! My car was another one that had it's build "downgraded" from factory installed Sirius to the "no charge" prep. It sounds like your situation, including manufacturing week, is identical to mine!

Yippeeeeeeeee!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Grey 545i, Steptronic, Black Leather, Poplar Trim, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Nav, PDC, Cold Weather Package, Sun Shades, X-pel clear bra

This is the best new since the BT retrofit was confirmed by pharding.

Now what do you think will be available for those of us who have NAV but were not allowed to order SAT prep? Do you think BMW went ahead and did the prep on all cars w/NAV when they no longer allowed SAT prep as an orderedable option?
Old 01-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Rob
Members

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Jan 1 2005, 02:47 PM
Rob:? What did you or the dealer have to do to get the BT activated.? My car is the same build and everything I have read says you need to replace the CCC and the cost is up close to 2K??
[snapback]74430[/snapback]
All they had to do was do some programming. I called BMWNA and they told me that my car could be upgraded (I gave them my VIN).

The problem now is that my phone doesn't appear to be compatible. I went to the ATT (cingular) store to ask about getting a demo V600 or T637 but they don't carry them any more.

I really want to check to make sure that the BT in the car is working properly. Any suggestions on how to do this without having to go out and by a new Razr phone (which others here have noted works)?

Thanks

(very happy about the car! I just want my BT to work)
Old 01-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Rob,

The moto razr works perfectly with my BT. If you could find a cingular store that has one working, maybe you could convince one of the sales dudes to come out to your car with the floor model of the RAZR and activate it for BT, and give it a try. I would expect that it would be the trick to convince you.

Mine is incredible.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

All I can say about getting Sirius is WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be in the dealership next week getting it done. What a great way to start the new year.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

There has been about 10,000 questions and forum threads about this topic.
I just pulled out the paperwork for my car and I have option 0693 "Satellite Tuner Provision" for $75. I didn't pay for this and it wasn't caught by the dealer or I would have. Told him thanks for the present. So, back to Rudy and Rob's questions. I have Nav and the sat prep and correct me if I'm wrong but they are working on Feb/Mar 04 builds of getting the gremlins out of the system to make both of these items work?? Yes or No or still working on the problems?? or are we back to different dealers in different parts of the country.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Members

I got a '05 545i with Factory Installed Sirius and I got the first year of programming for free. I was told by the dealer and by Sirius that the first year of free Sirius programming is available ONLY for cars that have the the Sirius kit installed at the factory. If your car comes with the Sat. Prep and if you add Sat. to it later (at time of purchase or later), you do not get the free year of Sirius programming.

Quick Reply: My Sirius & BT