Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

My Sirius & BT

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Rob
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is a MY2004 - late Feb/early Mar 04 build (my dealer says Feb, BMWNA says Mar 1).

Anyway - I got Sirius and BT installed and got my car back today.

Sirius seems fine. I did not get a chance to activate it with Sirius today but will tomorrow. The preview channel works fine and the integration with the IDrive is great. Nav continues to work fine.

BT on the other hand is not so rosey. My Audiovox SMT5600 will pair with the car but nothing seems to work (can't place calls, no phone book). But, I was on my way to a party tonight and called a friend (from the phone -- since the BT didn't really work). All of a sudden, my friend was coming in over the car speakers but could not hear me. I had to hang up.

The dealer says that I need to use a "compatible" phone - which looks like a Sony T637 or Motorola V600. I really don't want to change phones, but if that will make it work I would consider it.

My question: any ideas if the BT issue is really only the phone or could there still be a car issue?

I'll post an update when I activate Sirius but so far that seems to be fine, which is good since so many on this forum have had problems.

Happy New Year
-Rob
Old 12-31-2004, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Sirius is precisely what I've been waiting for.

My car was built almost exactly with yours (late Feb/early March).

Is there a specific service bulletin that the dealer followed? I know that if I ask my dealer, they're going to tell me they can't do it unless I can point them in some direction.

2005 is starting to look very promising indeed!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rob' date='Jan 1 2005, 02:25 AM
My car is a MY2004 - late Feb/early Mar 04 build (my dealer says Feb, BMWNA says Mar 1).

Sirius seems fine. I did not get a chance to activate it with Sirius today but will tomorrow. The preview channel works fine and the integration with the IDrive is great. Nav continues to work fine.
[snapback]74297[/snapback]
Rob:

Did you order Sat Radio prep option or was your install done without the factory prep? You've got Nav, correct?
Old 01-01-2005, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

hey, this is really cool. I hope we can find out about a service bulletin for it and if you car had the 'prep' or not. (mine was forced out of being produced with prep by BMW).

Please let us know if you can find out these things.

For your BT, it simply sounds like a phone problem more than a car problem. My new phone is incredible and works perfectly with the BT in my car- motorola V3 RAZR, but it is a GSM phone for either T-mobile or Cingular only in US. You might try to borrow someone elses phone like this one to do a test.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Guest_sav_*

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Jan 1 2005, 09:35 AM
hey, this is really cool. I hope we can find out about a service bulletin for it and if you car had the 'prep' or not. (mine was forced out of being produced with prep by BMW).

Please let us know if you can find out these things.

For your BT, it simply sounds like a phone problem more than a car problem. My new phone is incredible and works perfectly with the BT in my car- motorola V3 RAZR, but it is a GSM phone for either T-mobile or Cingular only in US.? You might try to borrow someone elses phone like this one to do a test.
[snapback]74335[/snapback]

I had same problem with Sprint LG PM-325 phone. It will recognize the phone as it shows up on the menu. But placing calls, dialing, nothing.

I am going to get the approved T608 phone and see what happens.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Rob
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jan 1 2005, 01:40 AM
Sirius is precisely what I've been waiting for.

Is there a specific service bulletin that the dealer followed?? I know that if I ask my dealer, they're going to tell me they can't do it unless I can point them in some direction.

[snapback]74300[/snapback]
I did not have a sevice bulletin for the Sirius. I can try to find out next week when they open after the holidays. They seemed very "up to date" on Sirius and had no problems. I was pretty impressed.

Good luck, Rudy.

I saw on this board that there is a one-year free promotion on this but can't find any info on it. My dealer did not know anything. Anyone?
Old 01-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Rob
Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Jan 1 2005, 05:47 AM
[quote name='Rob' date='Jan 1 2005, 02:25 AM']My car is a MY2004 - late Feb/early Mar 04 build (my dealer says Feb, BMWNA says Mar 1).

[snapback]74297[/snapback]
Rob:

Did you order Sat Radio prep option or was your install done without the factory prep? You've got Nav, correct?
[snapback]74316[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, I ordered Sat Prep. When the car was in production they reduced the price of that option to 0 but still did the work. Perhaps that helped the whole process go more smoothly.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rob' date='Jan 1 2005, 09:42 AM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Jan 1 2005, 01:40 AM']Sirius is precisely what I've been waiting for.

Is there a specific service bulletin that the dealer followed?? I know that if I ask my dealer, they're going to tell me they can't do it unless I can point them in some direction.

[snapback]74300[/snapback]
I did not have a sevice bulletin for the Sirius. I can try to find out next week when they open after the holidays. They seemed very "up to date" on Sirius and had no problems. I was pretty impressed.

Good luck, Rudy.

I saw on this board that there is a one-year free promotion on this but can't find any info on it. My dealer did not know anything. Anyone?
[snapback]74366[/snapback]
[/quote]

Rob, did your car have sirius prep from the factory?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Rob
Members

Yes, I had sat prep and I also have Nav.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributors

On the free year, it's automatically handled by Sirius when you activate. They know it's a BMW unit.

I called Sirius to confirm anyway, and they said it was definitely being waived for 12 months.

Quick Reply: My Sirius & BT