Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Music through Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

So when the call comes, the car is going to take over (You should have your car bluetooth connected).
When your playing music the AUX is going to be active - Its pretty cool
Old 10-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
So when the call comes, the car is going to take over (You should have your car bluetooth connected).
When your playing music the AUX is going to be active - Its pretty cool
Sounds good.

So you there is a wire from the unit to the AUX in and there is also the Sony car adaptor that connects to it?

Have you got a link for the Sony car adaptor?

Also, do the buttons on the steering wheel still work to control the music?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
Sounds good.

So you there is a wire from the unit to the AUX in and there is also the Sony car adaptor that connects to it?

Have you got a link for the Sony car adaptor?

Also, do the buttons on the steering wheel still work to control the music?
I don't think you can control MUSIC via steering wheel buttons as the A2DP unit goes thru AUX.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Amazon Amazon

This is the link to the adapter you MUST use
Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DCC-E345-.../dp/B000065VV0

This is the link to the adapter you MUST use
Thanks.

So do the steering wheels buttons control the music as well?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering the same thing. The Sony device looks great. I currently have my iPhone setup to the AUX, however no way to control what song is playing. If the Sony device could do that it would be killer.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by infin8
I purchased the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway from Amazon for 40 bucks, heres a link(http://crackberry.co...-stereo-gateway). It is very small and allows you to connect your phone wirelessly to the gateway (granted the gateway needs to be plugged in at all times) and stream music through the bluetooth capability in your e60. Pair the phone and the gateway through bluetooth, then pair the phone and your e60 through bluetooth and viola. Make sure you set your preferences on Pandora/mobile (on your phone)so it plays to your liking. The gateway has a power connection which I have plugged into my cig lighter with an I-Go charger and a $10 usb tip. It also takes a 3.5mm conection that goes from the gateway to the aux connection on the rear console (I have this wire running down the side of the console between the driver seat so it's unnoticeable. I know that's two wires but the way I have it set up it looks fine, and to be able to stream pandora from my phone for $50, you cant beat it!!! To top it off, the sound is crystal clear!! Sounds better than my ipod. I'll post some pics once I get home from work so you can see how I have it set up. I know a lot of members are totally against any wires at all but this is a great option to have Pandora in your ride without spending $300+ for something hardwired and saves you the huge headache of having to install the hardwired option. This way you have Pandora or any other streaming site in less than 5 minutes. Surprised you guys haven't seen or heard about these yet...
When somebody calls you does it switch back to the car bluetooth and cut off the music? And after the call will it go back?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dmb012
When somebody calls you does it switch back to the car bluetooth and cut off the music? And after the call will it go back?
Yes - as stated on the first page of this thread
Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Members

Has anybody thought about tapping into the AUX port and Power wires in the center console to power the blue tooth device? Will the AUX still work if you vampire tap in to it? If you can, you could hide the bluetooth in the console and keep it powered when the car is on.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 530xiT Black/Black Nav pan roof tint 30%/20% F/R, LED Interior, Matte Kidney Grills, RPi intake scoop, 5W LED AE's, Backed out emblems...

+1 on the Blackberry gateway, its simple and works like a charm. For those asking again, you cannot use your steering wheel buttons with these solutions. But, your phone is "wireless" so its easy to pick up and change/skip/fwd song's. It's pretty smooth in changing over to the car's bluetooth when a call comes in and then goes back to your music seamlessly. Highly recommend it.

Quick Reply: Music through Bluetooth