Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola E815

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

The Moto E815 is finally set for release in Canada by Bell (CDMA) on Oct 17/05.

Can anyone that is using this phone advise if there were any problems in pairing this phone to their E60 and were there any issues in transfering your contact
list that was in the phone to the E60.

I also would appreciate comments on the quality of this Cell Phone.

Thanks
Gabman
Old 10-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

hello gabman

i recently recieved a e815 as an insurance replacement for my v710. the v710 had some moisture problem and i had many problems with the phone as far as bt link to the car frozen screens , battery died sooooo fast... like that day i charged it.... anyways enough of that piece of .... well you know...
the e815... great phone.. love it great features and it paired well with the car... a the only thing is i dont see the cellphone icon on my idrive anymore... but i still do have connection... anyways it should work fine with the car,, good luck ericd
Old 10-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Oct 11 2005, 11:26 AM
hello gabman

? i recently recieved a e815 as an insurance replacement for my v710. the v710 had some moisture problem and i had many problems with the phone as far as bt link to the car frozen screens , battery died sooooo fast... like that day i charged it.... anyways enough of that piece of .... well you know...
the e815... great phone.. love it great features and it paired well with the car... a the only thing is i dont see the cellphone icon on my idrive anymore... but i still do have connection... anyways it should work fine with the car,, good luck ericd
[snapback]182708[/snapback]
Hi Ericdbs,

Thanks for the reply, were you able to transfer your phonebook when you paired the phone?

Gabman
Old 10-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

yes gabman... i just deleted the first device from the i drive and then had the e815 device added on and the phone booke transefred easily... good luck... eric d.... oh yeah did i say it is a great phone? cool features... with vcast cool sounds great clarity with the camera brighter flash... etc....etc....etc
Old 10-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Oct 11 2005, 11:26 AM
hello gabman

? i recently recieved a e815 as an insurance replacement for my v710. the v710 had some moisture problem and i had many problems with the phone as far as bt link to the car frozen screens , battery died sooooo fast... like that day i charged it.... anyways enough of that piece of .... well you know...
[snapback]182708[/snapback]
Cellphone icon is for missed calls.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:25 PM
JBK
Members

I recently got an e815 and paired with my 05 545. I haven't been able to get my full phonebook to transfer. Only seemingly random entries are transfered. Other than that it works great. Does anyone have tips on transfering all of phonebook?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:40 AM
JBK
Members

Originally Posted by JBK' date='Oct 11 2005, 04:25 PM
I recently got an e815 and paired with my 05 545.? I haven't been able to get my full phonebook to transfer.? Only seemingly random entries are transfered.? Other than that it works great.? Does anyone have tips on transfering all of phonebook?
[snapback]182901[/snapback]

OK, I figured out the problem. There was a gap in the speed dial numbers I had programmed. It only took the entries up to the gap and then dropped the rest. After I went back and changed all the speed dials to be sequential, they all transfer fine.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Members

My Ride: '08 550i, carbon black, sport package

I recently paired the e815 and everything worked like a charm.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Contributors

You guys are great, thanks for all the replies. I have a 2004 E60 which as you know did not come with bluetooth as a standard option. My car was at the dealer yesterday for my first oil change and I played dumb and asked if they can activate bluetooth (July 2004 production). On my I-Drive when I clicked on communications it said to contact dealer for more information.

Anyways they were nice enough to activate B/T and not charge me anything. Now when I click on communication it shows me a picture of a Cell phone and I believe it says to enter phone information or something like that.

The 815 is supposed to be on sale here in Canada next Monday, Bell Mobility, my carrier wants $300.00 for it but my sales rep tells me to wait a month or 2 and price will drop but truthfully, I have been waiting for them to get a decent bluetooth phone since February 2005 when I got my car that I will probably just go get the damn thing next week.

Is it difficult to pair the phone with the car? Does anyone have step by step instructions? I need Bluetooth for Dummies!!!! Are there clear instructions in my E60 owners manual? Thanks

Gabman
Old 10-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black (Base + PDC)

Originally Posted by gabman' date='Oct 12 2005, 01:09 PM
You guys are great, thanks for all the replies. I have a 2004 E60 which as you know did not come with bluetooth as a standard option. My car was at the dealer yesterday for my first oil change and I played dumb and asked if they can activate bluetooth (July 2004 production). On my I-Drive when I clicked on communications it said to contact dealer for more information.

Anyways they were nice enough to activate B/T and not charge me anything. Now when I click on communication it shows me a picture of a Cell phone and I believe it says to enter phone information or something like that.

The 815 is supposed to be on sale here in Canada next Monday, Bell Mobility, my carrier wants $300.00 for it but my sales rep tells me to wait a month or 2 and price will drop but truthfully, I have been waiting for them to get a decent bluetooth phone since February 2005 when I got my car that I will probably just go get the damn thing next week.

Is it difficult to pair the phone with the car? Does anyone have step by step instructions? I need Bluetooth for Dummies!!!! Are there clear instructions in my E60 owners manual? Thanks

Gabman
[snapback]183327[/snapback]
The Owner's Manual does not have instruction on how to pair the phone, unless they include the Telephone manual. But in the information section of this website, there's a electronic copy of the telephone manual. Pretty straight forward to do...

Quick Reply: Motorola E815