Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Moto RAZR v3 Snap In

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='414214' date='Apr 16 2007, 02:08 PM
I checked the USB ports, they are in the same position hopefully the dremil work will be minimal, knowing my luck i'll begin mods on the snap-in and end up with a mug stand
In the same position and not up-side-down (which is the problem with the Vx) then you may be able to get away with some Dremel action if required, if you do end up with a mug stand then you can replace the cup holders too :-)
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='414219' date='Apr 16 2007, 02:18 PM
In the same position and not up-side-down (which is the problem with the Vx) then you may be able to get away with some Dremel action if required, if you do end up with a mug stand then you can replace the cup holders too :-)
Bruce... the snap-in arrived safely this morning... your fear came true, the usb port whilst in the right location is in fact upside down.

ALL IS NOT LOST HOWEVER .... I'll be brandishing the Dremil this weekend along with a little superglue and feel that turning the port right way up is not such a huge issue I'll keep you up to date with my progress or lack of it

Any thoughts on the subject please let me know

R
Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='415124' date='Apr 18 2007, 11:12 AM
Bruce... the snap-in arrived safely this morning... your fear came true, the usb port whilst in the right location is in fact upside down.

ALL IS NOT LOST HOWEVER .... I'll be brandishing the Dremil this weekend along with a little superglue and feel that turning the port right way up is not such a huge issue I'll keep you up to date with my progress or lack of it

Any thoughts on the subject please let me know

R
I remember writing out instructions to convert this cradle to fit the older BMW cars which proved very popular online on other forums. All the best to you. I'm sure it can be done with some thought. However if you do succeed there are bound to be a lot of interested people out there who would wait for DIY instructions for the V3x, V3xx etc.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='415128' date='Apr 18 2007, 11:36 AM
I remember writing out instructions to convert this cradle to fit the older BMW cars which proved very popular online on other forums. All the best to you. I'm sure it can be done with some thought. However if you do succeed there are bound to be a lot of interested people out there who would wait for DIY instructions for the V3x, V3xx etc.
WATCH THIS SPACE
Old 04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Contributors

No go sadly... the cosmetic work wasn't an issue, relativly easy to turn the USB on it's head, the cradle required 10 mins with the Dremil... sadly when snapped into the car it does not seem to charge... possibly a difference in the set up of the v3 and the Maxx? I thought mini USB was universal in it's form/connection.

Unless i'm missing something regarding incar set up ?

The cradle looks sweet with the Maxx in there, if it worked all would be well...
Old 04-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Contributors

Are you in a position to check if you are getting +5V at the pins you need. Check for loose connections inside the housing etc.

Read this to see if you can make out whats happening.

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N/motor...sb_pinout.shtml

The problem is that mini USB has a 5th pin that causes the most grief. In my HTC Tytn I needed to short two pins on the mini USB for the phone to start charging. However the V3 phone chargers are normally fine for the HTC because they do the same thing. It could be that on the Maxx its different.

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N/razrv...er_pinout.shtml

The only other thing that I encountered which may be your issue too is that the phone charger is not powerful enough for the Maxx i.e. lower amp rating. I had this issue with my HTC where the phone would charge if completely switched off but charging would stop if the phone was on due to the high drain.

I could not get any available cradle to give me the 5V and 1A that I needed and thats the reason why I did these two mods
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37190
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37261
Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

General question: is it necessary to do software update if you retrofit a snap-in adapter?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Originally Posted by igor' post='417653' date='Apr 25 2007, 03:42 PM
General question: is it necessary to do software update if you retrofit a snap-in adapter?
No, not if you have Bluetooth Telephone Prep already,
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by mr_london_247' post='417687' date='Apr 25 2007, 05:55 PM
No, not if you have Bluetooth Telephone Prep already,
Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Contributors

How's the project going?

Quick Reply: Moto RAZR v3 Snap In