Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Is LG chocolate phone compatible with BMW

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a 07 328i coupe with the bluetooth system, I was wondering if the LG chocolate phone is compatible with it?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

As of a couple of months ago, it was not. Search through the threads and you'll find plenty of feedback. My wife wanted the phone but after hearing it wouldn't pair with the E60, she opted for the Razr
Old 02-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='389008' date='Feb 8 2007, 06:41 PM
As of a couple of months ago, it was not. Search through the threads and you'll find plenty of feedback. My wife wanted the phone but after hearing it wouldn't pair with the E60, she opted for the Razr
The early release did not have the SynchML Bluetooth profile so it did not. There may have ben an update after that. Here is the compatibity chart:
http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/bl...h_car_kit.html
Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Members

For some reason the software the LG uses is not that compatible with our cars. Every LG phone that I have paired here at JMK BMW either pairs and won't load the phonebook or it will pair not load the phonebook and will work for a couple minutes and then lose connection. If you don't mind not having the phonebook the newer LG Chocolates will be ok.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by Rob@JMK BMW' post='393548' date='Feb 20 2007, 02:33 PM
For some reason the software the LG uses is not that compatible with our cars. Every LG phone that I have paired here at JMK BMW either pairs and won't load the phonebook or it will pair not load the phonebook and will work for a couple minutes and then lose connection. If you don't mind not having the phonebook the newer LG Chocolates will be ok.
Hey Rob,

I'm sure you've paired a Razr V3M before, why does the E60 BT mute the speaker phone. I've used my phone on other vehicles and non OEM BT appliances such as the Parrot and it does not mute the loud speaker on the phone.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rob@JMK BMW' post='393548' date='Feb 20 2007, 02:33 PM
Are you making a general statement about LG phones, or LG phones built for the Verizon network? There is a very big difference because Verizon is notorious for restricting BT file fransfer, including phonebook contacts.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wnrussell' post='393717' date='Feb 20 2007, 10:00 PM
Are you making a general statement about LG phones, or LG phones built for the Verizon network? There is a very big difference because Verizon is notorious for restricting BT file fransfer, including phonebook contacts.
This is for all LG and Samsung phones also. The BlackJack has the same issue, even though it runs on Windows Mobile it will pair but not transfer phonebook. But yes this is for LG phones regardless of phone carrier. Again the phone will pair and work with the voice commands it will not show you signal strength or transfer the phone book. If you want the phonebook you will have to program them with the vocal commands.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='393701' date='Feb 20 2007, 09:14 PM
Hey Rob,

I'm sure you've paired a Razr V3M before, why does the E60 BT mute the speaker phone. I've used my phone on other vehicles and non OEM BT appliances such as the Parrot and it does not mute the loud speaker on the phone.
Hey, i'm sorry but there is no fix for that. The way the coding is for the bluetooth on the TCU, as long as the phone is connected to the car, the phone basically becomes part of the car. Inside the TCU is a another phoneboard. It looks like a cell phone without the outer shell. When your receiving a call your cell phone recieves the call the signal gets sent to that phone board in the TCU and then it will eventually ring over the speaker system in the car. The way Motorola (Now Continental is making the TCU's) and BMW made the TCU and the way its coded is for it to mute the loudspeaker and ring through the speakers of the car.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rob@JMK BMW' post='393892' date='Feb 21 2007, 10:58 AM
The way Motorola (Now Continental is making the TCU's) and BMW made the TCU and the way its coded is for it to mute the loudspeaker and ring through the speakers of the car.
Rob, it sounds like you know your stuff! Can you give me a clue as to why none of my Motorola phones, V710, E815, V3c will ring through the speakers of the car? Is that a setting on the phone, like a ringer selection?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wnrussell' post='393933' date='Feb 21 2007, 01:23 PM
Rob, it sounds like you know your stuff! Can you give me a clue as to why none of my Motorola phones, V710, E815, V3c will ring through the speakers of the car? Is that a setting on the phone, like a ringer selection?

There is an SIB for those Motorola phones and issues with our cars. Which is kind of funny since the TCU were originally made by Motorola and most Motorola phones seem to have some type of issues with our cars. Maybe its because the phone board inside the TCU is from a Sony Ericsson phone

You might have a software issue with the car. What happens is everytime you pair your phone to the car it changes the ring style settings. So try deleting one of them fromt he car and phone and try repairing. If that doesn't solve it then you'll need a software updrade for the car. Again it will probably be what we call a "MOXA Box" Programming. That should fix it. The next time your in for sercive just make a complaint that you don't hear your phone ringing through the speakers when someone calls you. It's covered under the new vehicle warranty so you'll get the latest software and menus on the car

Quick Reply: Is LG chocolate phone compatible with BMW