Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

K850i pairs perfectly

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [s]07 E60 535d LCI.Silver.172.Hifi.Ipod.Rear Tints.M Spoiler.[/s] 07 B7 RS4 Avant Misano Red 54 E87 120d Sport Sparkling Graphite

Just upgraded my UK T-Mobile phone package and as part of the deal got the K850i Blue. Thought I might have pairing problems, so flashed the mobile with latest code available on Davinci Team (cost about 10E). My firmware is now R1EA031 originally supplied T-Mobile customised R1DA038. Looking here there are a number of fixes, among which are bluetooth upgrade

[codebox]R1EA031
- Released on EMMA 15/02/08
- Released on SEUS starting 21/2/08

Improvements / Changes
- General User Interface performance improvements.
- Notable performance improvements with the Media Centre User Interface.
- Improved sound quality & volume from Media Player.
- Improved transition effects in the photo viewer.
- Photo Fix option now available in photo viewer (previously this was only available just after the photo was taken).
- Faster bootup sequence compared to previous firmwares (25 seconds rather than 35)
- Key response menu added in Settings -> Sounds & alerts, allowing the selection of sound or vibrate when pressing the touch sensitive buttons.
- List view added for messages.
- The ability to select HSDPA as your preferred communications protocol has been added to Menu Settings -> Mobile Networks -> GSM/3G networks
- The Video Player's audio synchronisation / stuttering issues are still present, but have a different profile to previous firmwares.
- Numerous icon changes have been made, e.g. Email->Settings->POP 3 & SMTP, call 'busy' icon, Aa, aa, 123 icon background etc.
- When listening to music on a Bluetooth headset the music fades down (but not back in again) on receipt of a text message.
- Phone warning and error tones now play through any connected Bluetooth headset.
- The light can now be switched on and off when recording video.

Bug fixes
- Fixes battery longevity issues introduced in R1DA038
- Equaliser now remembers custom settings.
- The zoom buttons no longer change the volume when zooming into a picture if you are listening to music in the background.
- Fixes for Bluetooth compatibility on certain devices, e.g. Audi & Mercedes car bluetooth modules & the SE Bluetooth watch.
- Prevent some boot issues due to Java Script errors.
- Faster satelite fix with the HGE-100 GPS accessory.
- Switching to camera snapshot view mode no longer opens the lens cover.
- Fixed the lens cover opening when the camera was turned on in "silde show" mode (camera switch under play position).
- Fixed the bug preventing users from getting out of screensaver mode if they were displaying pictures by putting the camera switch in the Play position and the screensaver cut in.
- Fixed colour / pixel distortion on progress bar while displaying a 'please wait' pop up window.

Bugs / Issues
- Adding a theme that customises the Media Player causes the background to turn black if rotated into Landscape mode. This did not occur in previous firmwares.
- Java applications that use an Internet connection no longer display the internet connection icon when connected.
- Folder quick search no longer works correctly in sub folders.

Performance
- JBenchmark 3D HQ: 445
- JBenchmark 3D LQ: 431
- JBenchmark 2: 932
- JBenchmark 1: 6103

Software versions:
EROM: 1200-4341
LCD: 200712121
Camera: 3.7
Videocall camera: 3.0
Content: PA17
Java: 8.2
Text: BB [/codebox]

So K850i pairs, transfers phonebook (with multiple phone #'s for single person) and provides signal strength display.

Would like to know which BMW snap in cradle adaptor can be used.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the K850i and it works fine in the car.

Still looking for a cradle though - anyone know if one is likely to come out, or if one of the existing cradles will fit?

Thanks.