Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

IPOD Interface not working.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Recently bought an '07 530 that has an IPOD cable/connector along with an IPOD interface booklet in the glove box so i am sure the PO had it installed.
The problem is,my older IPOD will not work as the screen shows nothing and the IPOD will not charge either. Friends newer IPOD won't work either.However my older IPOD will play in his '08 528i with the Y-cable in the center console.
My car is also equpped with a IPOD/IPhone cradle in the center console.
The question is,do i have to change the cable in the glove bos,or can BMW just update/re-program the software ?
Thanks
Old 12-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

I had my ipod connector moved over from my 08 sedan to my 07 touring. Well, actually the mechanic forgot a connection a little further behind the glovebox so i had to buy a new extra cable before bmw could code it up to the new car. If you have a similar situation you might miss a cable and in any event it sounds to me like the car isn't coded properly. I'd have bmw look at it.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Found out the problem.They had it under CD icon instead of Aux.. The ipod works great..
Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 AM
New Members

All the sudden my OEM iPod Interface isn't working anymore. When I press the CD button to go into the AUX mode it doesn't respond at all and consequently I can't play anything thru the radio.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I had a simular issue with mine never a problem except when I upgraded software on my Ipod, once I did that I could no longer sort by name or artist none of the other 6 mp3 tags would load. I then took my working ipod out to play music for my family reuinion. Once i placed it back in it would not recognise in my car, WTF I wiped the ipod, changed the software, the ipod worked on computers other ipod worked in my car with no issue. My ipod even worked in other bmw as I put the car in the shop for a week and it worked perfectly in a 3 series it however had the connection in the arm rest, and all the other techs ipods worked in my car turns out that my ipod is messed up some how I brought another 160 gig classic ( the old was a ipod touch 1 generation) it works perfectly. try another ipod in the car also only try the first mp3 mode as if you goto any other one it may not load I think that is software on apples side.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: 520 d M Sport auto, Carbon black,black heated sport leather, blacked out windows, 6000k HID dipped beam and 6000k HID front fogs, led halo's, led number plate lights,satndard hifi, still to fit THA555 pnp amp, sws 8" subs, Logic7 tweeters, ipod retro fit kit, door handle and pocket leds, integrated garage door remote into headliner panel

Hello, I have just bought the retro ipod kit 65412160344 today and I am looking for clarification as to which ipods work. I am looking also at the Apple iPod classic 160GB.
There is a picture on the front of the manual showing ( I think ) this model.
IMy car is 6 disc changer ready and I know that I will have to get it programmed at the dealer to enable.
07/2006 520 d M Sport. Basic UK hifi, no nav etc
All help welcome and thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all when it comes