Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPod integration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Quick question.......I'm having a hard time finding the proper answers. I have an 04 E60(545i) with iDrive and Cd Changer, NO NAV. I am looking for the iPod integration adapter so it bypasses the changer and shows controls via iDrive. Everytime I go to the dealer, they tell me they only have a part for production 03/2005 or newer and with or without a harness. Is there a kit available for my car? If so, with or without harness.(i'm assuming this has to do with the cd changer). And, can i purchase this anywhere else or only the dealer. Also, what would be the correct part number?

Any help would be appreciated......... Thanks in advance!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Graygli' post='890477' date='May 26 2009, 10:47 AM
Hey guys,

Quick question.......I'm having a hard time finding the proper answers. I have an 04 E60(545i) with iDrive and Cd Changer, NO NAV. I am looking for the iPod integration adapter so it bypasses the changer and shows controls via iDrive. Everytime I go to the dealer, they tell me they only have a part for production 03/2005 or newer and with or without a harness. Is there a kit available for my car? If so, with or without harness.(i'm assuming this has to do with the cd changer). And, can i purchase this anywhere else or only the dealer. Also, what would be the correct part number?

Any help would be appreciated......... Thanks in advance!
Yes, I had the iPod adapter on my January 2004 build 545, same as yours, CD Changer, no Nav. It is a simple swap and will require dealer to code the system for the adapter. There is a PDF floating around the forum detailing the option.

Edit: Here it is, clearly lays out the iPod kit for your car, can be done on cars from 09/03 on. You'll lose the CD Changer as that is how the iPod adapter connects to the system...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=attach...st&id=52767
Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Members

Thanks for your help.....I'll be picking it up soon!

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='890513' date='May 26 2009, 12:18 PM
Yes, I had the iPod adapter on my January 2004 build 545, same as yours, CD Changer, no Nav. It is a simple swap and will require dealer to code the system for the adapter. There is a PDF floating around the forum detailing the option.

Edit: Here it is, clearly lays out the iPod kit for your car, can be done on cars from 09/03 on. You'll lose the CD Changer as that is how the iPod adapter connects to the system...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=attach...st&id=52767