Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iphone v 1.1.4 upgrade -- bluetooth improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apple today released V1.1.4 software for the Iphone. It is reported on various web posts that some bluetooth issues have been resolved and reportedly some of these include bluetooth integration with cars. I have experienced problems with phone connections while in my 545i -- issues that sound like they may have been related to the network WIFI being enabled (can't hear person on other side of call, intermittent cutting in-and-out of active call, etc). The same issues discussed here on other posts.

Maybe we'll be lucky and 1.1.4 will resolve these issues without having to constantly change WIFI settings?

I'm loading today and will test tomorrow...

Anyone else? Those who are on the other side of the pond who will be awake while I'm sleeping...

Cheers
Old 02-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Members

Interestingly enough, my iPhone (even with software 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3) works fantastic with my E70 and iDrive with WiFi on or off. But, in my E60 it will not work with WiFi on. I haven't tried it my E60 since I upgraded my iPhone to 1.1.4. Will know tomorrow.

J
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Members

I can report that my b/tooth is working fine with 1.1.4 thank the lord, it seems they have solved the previous issues that some of us UK based folk had.

I note that it does connect as HEADSET sometimes on the iphone instead of the BMW id number and is not yet 100% perfect but is a vast improvement on what it was like.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Geo
Members

My Ride: 530i

After one day of use, mine seems to work fine (both BT and WiFi enabled) with the 1.1.4 update. With 1.1.3, I had to turn off WiFi ...

I can only hope that it continues to work correctly ...
Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Members

I'm back in the car again tomorrow for the first time since updating to 1.1.4. I'll provide feedback re: my experience. I'll be 2-3 hrs in the car, so lots of talk time!

So far, things are looking up for this release and BMW BT!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Members

OK, I realize I am very late in getting back to this post with an update. I had a chance to talk on my iphone with 1.1.4 over BT. I can attest to the claims made on-line that this version provides a more stable BT connection on the E60. Previously, I had problems with the initial call process (delay before I could hear called/calling party) and intermittent fade out of call. I experienced neither of these two conditions when I spoke across several calls. I also maintained active WIFI while connected via BT.

V 1.1.4 looks like it's a go.

Let's hope it doesn't go backwards when 2.0 is released (announced today with SDK/Enterprise support -- general release June 08).

I think I read on-line that iphone will support remote car start on E60 -- has anyone else run across any info on this? It would be nice to use BT to start the car, lock/unlock doors, and to have basic control of other dash and cockpit features!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Ok guys I'm new to the iPhone game having picked mine up about a week ago. I did the .14 update when it came out (found it by mistake) and THEN I read about all the issues with the e60 and the iPhone (on the wireless4bmw website).

I can report that call waiting works just fine (it is reported that it does not work and this would have been a deal breaker for me) and that I shut off my wireless the minute I heard it caused issues - so if that is fixed, I will turn it on again.

My two biggest complaints (compared to my RAZR are)

reduced signal quality with the iPhone
can't listen to your messages via bluetooth

Anyone care to comment on those?
Old 03-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Members

My Ride: Living in Germany as an expat, this is the perfect opportunity to own the car of my dreams. I bought a new BMW E560 Individual in April 2007 and I have been in love with my M5 ever since! Where else can you experience the acceleration, speed and fabulous performance of this wonderful German engineering, but on the German Autobahns (almost with immunity for high speed as long as you slow down when there are limits). Fastest so far has been 293kmph (183 mph) but my M5 has much more left...I will get it to the limit of 330kmph (205mph) or more yet! Problem is it makes me want to drive everywhere possible at any oppotunity and I am rackng up the kilometers!

I am also very pleased with the performance of my iPhone after upgrading my iPhone to 1.1.14 on Wednesday.

I did have to re-pair my iPhone with all the devices. I deleted each paired device in the iPhone using 'Settings>General>Bluetooth, then press device and 'Upnpair' button. I then again paired my iPhone with my BMW M560, my wife's BMW E90 and my Polycom Aria 500 BT headset after the upgrade. After doing the re-pairing, my iPhone continues to work perfectly with both the cars and my bluetooth headset.

I don't even seem to have the problem with speech delays on answer that others seem to have. I don't have to turn off my WiFi connection either, that does not appear to interfere with the calls or BT connections.

Touchwood, since I bought my iPhone in December, I have not had any of the issues with BT in my BMW M5, call drops or any other problems others seem to be plagued with. Appears BMW BT and iPhone works fine in some countries, some BMW models and some circumstances and not others.

Just another variation of "Murphy's Law" for technology!

Having just watch the Keynote address from Apple for the iPhone Developer Conference in California yesterday, I am very excited about the future of iPhone and myriad of applications which will become available now the SDK has been released. Roll on June for the release of iPhone 2.0 software!! Hopefully, we will see BMW be creative and build some applications for iPhone that will further enhance functionality with BMW vehicles. If you have not seen the Apple key not address, it's worth an hour to watch. Here's the link - http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/iphoneroadmap/
Old 03-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Members

My Ride: Living in Germany as an expat, this is the perfect opportunity to own the car of my dreams. I bought a new BMW E560 Individual in April 2007 and I have been in love with my M5 ever since! Where else can you experience the acceleration, speed and fabulous performance of this wonderful German engineering, but on the German Autobahns (almost with immunity for high speed as long as you slow down when there are limits). Fastest so far has been 293kmph (183 mph) but my M5 has much more left...I will get it to the limit of 330kmph (205mph) or more yet! Problem is it makes me want to drive everywhere possible at any oppotunity and I am rackng up the kilometers!

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='540822' date='Mar 7 2008, 12:27 AM
Ok guys I'm new to the iPhone game having picked mine up about a week ago. I did the .14 update when it came out (found it by mistake) and THEN I read about all the issues with the e60 and the iPhone (on the wireless4bmw website).

I can report that call waiting works just fine (it is reported that it does not work and this would have been a deal breaker for me) and that I shut off my wireless the minute I heard it caused issues - so if that is fixed, I will turn it on again.

My two biggest complaints (compared to my RAZR are)

reduced signal quality with the iPhone
can't listen to your messages via bluetooth

Anyone care to comment on those?
doug_999,

I am surprised you are having loss of signal issues with your iPhone. Have you bought the snap-in yet? I had a Razr V3 with BMW snap-in in my M560 and I replaced it with an iPhone and bought the snap-in about a month ago. The iPhone signal is nearly always 5 bars anywhere I have driven around Frankfurt in last month. In fact the signal is strength is significantly better than was the signal for my previous Motorola V3. So my experience has been exactly opposite.

I know you can listen to visual voicemail messages through a BT headset from iPhone. I do that all the time. I have not tried it with my iPhone BT'ed in my M5 though. I will try it later today and let you know. You can't call the service providers voicemail access number and listen to messge because they are already downloaded onto your iPhone as visual VM messages, they are no longer in your service provider's mailbox.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Geo
Members

My Ride: 530i

Originally Posted by Geo' post='537522' date='Feb 28 2008, 09:05 PM
After one day of use, mine seems to work fine (both BT and WiFi enabled) with the 1.1.4 update. With 1.1.3, I had to turn off WiFi ...

I can only hope that it continues to work correctly ...

After a 1/2 month of use, I'm finding that I'm still getting drop-outs with the 1.1.4 update. Bummer

Quick Reply: iphone v 1.1.4 upgrade -- bluetooth improvements?