Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPhone Cradle and full iPod integration kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have full iPod integration in my car (the replacement for the 6CD changer, not the USB cable) and am probably going to buy an iPhone when they finally get the 3G version out (June apparently) and I'll buy an iPhone snap-in adaptor for charging/antenna connection

In an ideal world I'd also like to extend the glovebox iPod connector cable, run it to the armrest and have the iPhone provide the iPod functionality as well as the phone. I suspect that the cradle uses the same connector, so if it can be done then there would probably be a bit of very fancy wiring to do to "splice" the two together.

My questions are as follows:-

Does anyone think it's even possible?
If so, are there any "how-tos" that anyone knows of and would anyone in the UK be able to do it for me? (Bruce, you there? )
Old 05-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cjbryce' post='575702' date='May 7 2008, 04:13 AM
I have full iPod integration in my car (the replacement for the 6CD changer, not the USB cable) and am probably going to buy an iPhone when they finally get the 3G version out (June apparently) and I'll buy an iPhone snap-in adaptor for charging/antenna connection

In an ideal world I'd also like to extend the glovebox iPod connector cable, run it to the armrest and have the iPhone provide the iPod functionality as well as the phone. I suspect that the cradle uses the same connector, so if it can be done then there would probably be a bit of very fancy wiring to do to "splice" the two together.

My questions are as follows:-

Does anyone think it's even possible?
If so, are there any "how-tos" that anyone knows of and would anyone in the UK be able to do it for me? (Bruce, you there? )
I am with you on this word for word. I too was interested in heading towards full convergence. However, after thinking about it, I don't think I want my phone to be performing the same tasks as my iPod. Call me crazy, but IMO too much convergence can be a headache. I kind of like the idea of dropping the ipod into the glove box and forgetting about it. Now if I could find a way to make it wirelessly sync up with my wifi and sync itunes I would be in business.

Oh, hello there iPod touch with your beautiful wifi.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aa025620' post='576860' date='May 8 2008, 02:54 PM
I am with you on this word for word. I too was interested in heading towards full convergence. However, after thinking about it, I don't think I want my phone to be performing the same tasks as my iPod. Call me crazy, but IMO too much convergence can be a headache. I kind of like the idea of dropping the ipod into the glove box and forgetting about it. Now if I could find a way to make it wirelessly sync up with my wifi and sync itunes I would be in business.

Oh, hello there iPod touch with your beautiful wifi.

Perhaps we should wait.
Internet is coming:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-to-offer-i...th-america.html