Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPhone Contacts

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 manual M5 Black/Black/Tinted, HUD, Heated Rear Seats, Logic 7, iPod interface

Has anybody experienced this: if you enter the new contact on your iPhone, it's name doesn't sync with iDrive. It appears as a bunch of ******** . To dial that contact yo would have to manually find it on the phone. Voice recognition is obviously not working with those contacts as well.

Any known work-arounds?
Thank you
Old 04-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550I. M-Technic Body Kit 2008 M5 Deck Lid Finisher 21" 3-piece MHT Forged Pirelli PZero Nero Tires

Don't quote me on the this one but when you initially pair the Iphone to the car is when all of the contacts are tranfred over. So maybe you have unpair and re=pair the phone and the idrive see if that works. Definetly can't hut anything. I also have and IPhone but have not experienced that problem.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Members

My Ride: '07 manual M5 Black/Black/Tinted, HUD, Heated Rear Seats, Logic 7, iPod interface

Originally Posted by Cnogueiras' post='567604' date='Apr 24 2008, 09:58 PM
Don't quote me on the this one but when you initially pair the Iphone to the car is when all of the contacts are tranfred over. So maybe you have unpair and re=pair the phone and the idrive see if that works. Definetly can't hut anything. I also have and IPhone but have not experienced that problem.
Thank you for the reply, but i tried everything logical already. Am i the only one with this problem?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Dr. George' post='568406' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:51 AM
Thank you for the reply, but i tried everything logical already. Am i the only one with this problem?
I have an iphone as well and do not have any problems viewing my contacts...sorry. I hope you can figure it out or get it fixed. I don't know what I would do without that...
Old 04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 525iSE 2004 AUTO 18'' star 124 alloys bluetooth with iphone cradle orient Blue Gray leather multi CD

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='568486' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:48 AM
I have an iphone as well and do not have any problems viewing my contacts...sorry. I hope you can figure it out or get it fixed. I don't know what I would do without that...
Hi
I had this issue on my 2004 525i and its now been sorted with software upgrade to V30, however there are a few issues with Iphone etc, so if you read my post in this part of the forum it may help
Cheers
Ian
Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Ok here is what I have found on my LCI 535. When I sync up my iPhone it gets all my contacts , but it will not retrive the recents dialed form the phone... but it does have the recents dialed while useing the BT in the car. So say I try to dial a recent I had previous on my phone it comes up with ***** , but If I try to dial a recent that I dialed using the Idrive ( like a month ago ) it's in the recents on the car....

Same goes for the recieved calls....

I have no Idea which version of the software the car is running ( don' t even know how to find out , Secret menu? Idrive main menu?)
I'm running the 1.4 ( I think that is the latest version of the iPhone sofware ) which I have seen has some issues on other peoples cars with the new versions of Idrive.