Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPhone Bluetooth Interface

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

What is everyone's experience with the sound quality of the iPhone through the Bluetooth interface in your cars. I got my phone on 6/30, and the couple of times that I used it connected to the car, the sound quality was not as good as my V-3. The phone sound quality by itself is very good IMHO.

Joe
Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by joepoole' post='442478' date='Jul 2 2007, 09:37 AM
What is everyone's experience with the sound quality of the iPhone through the Bluetooth interface in your cars. I got my phone on 6/30, and the couple of times that I used it connected to the car, the sound quality was not as good as my V-3. The phone sound quality by itself is very good IMHO.

Joe
No complaints from my end of the phone. I haven't asked the other end what the sound quality was like. Only one caller seemed to complain but I was on the highway with the sun shade open and as soon as I closed it they could hear me again. That's a common problem not related to the iPhone. My other phones are an V3i and an A630.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

I'm having a problem with frequent brief drop-outs of sound while using my iphone over bluetooth in my 2005 E60. Caller on the other end tells me I sound fine, but they sound chopped every few seconds as the sound drops out for a second or two.

I've tried a BT headset without duplicating the problem. The phone itself sounds fine when used independently. Makes me concerned that there is an issue with the iphone and the BT in my car. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

I think I fixed the problem. I deleted the phone from the car and re-paired it, and the problem seems to have gone away. Go figure.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='443045' date='Jul 3 2007, 02:26 PM
I'm having a problem with frequent brief drop-outs of sound while using my iphone over bluetooth in my 2005 E60. Caller on the other end tells me I sound fine, but they sound chopped every few seconds as the sound drops out for a second or two.

I've tried a BT headset without duplicating the problem. The phone itself sounds fine when used independently. Makes me concerned that there is an issue with the iphone and the BT in my car. Anyone else having this issue?
I have a 2007 530, and I been using the aux port to control my ipod. When I go the iPhone, I paired it via Bluetooth (and removed my Treo 700w). The bluetooth connection is horrible. I have (in EVERY call) a point where the person talking get's dropped. If I switch to the headset that came with the phone, i hear the conversation perfectly.

In addition, I can't get anything from plugging the cable into the iPhone to play songs like it did with my old 80gb iPod.

Oh well...

I just posted this as it's own topic, but just saw yours. Sorry! I'll try repairing the phone.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:48 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by jksanford' post='443294' date='Jul 4 2007, 07:05 AM
I have a 2007 530, and I been using the aux port to control my ipod. When I go the iPhone, I paired it via Bluetooth (and removed my Treo 700w). The bluetooth connection is horrible. I have (in EVERY call) a point where the person talking get's dropped. If I switch to the headset that came with the phone, i hear the conversation perfectly.
My iPhone works well via BT in my vehicle, and I do not have this problem. The sound quality on both ends is at least as good or better than the Treo 700p I replaced.

In addition, I can't get anything from plugging the cable into the iPhone to play songs like it did with my old 80gb iPod.
You need to ensure that you have a 1/8" plug that properly fits in iPhone's recessed port. You may need an adapter to ensure this:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...nMore=TN546LL/A
Old 07-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='443045' date='Jul 3 2007, 02:26 PM

Yes. Exactly the same problem. PM your details if you like. I am going to prepare a letter for BMWNA.

DRP, Esq.