Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPhone 3g - sw ver 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black
Hi

It's been a while since i posted on the forum, no excuse except been stupidly busy

So my question is does anyone have a data sheet on the iPhone 3g Snap In Adaptor?

I've read several threads and there seems to be varying opinions, I'd like to trust my local dealers but sadly they seem technologically challenged .

My iPhone 3g should be arriving any day now and as i have all the gubbins in the car I'd like to take advantage of the Snap In Solution.

If there is no data sheet, here are a few questions....

1/ Is there full functionality ?
2/ Will it charge the iPhone too ?
3/ Will I be able to play the music on the iPhone via iDrive?

I guess if anyone has recently bought the Snap In Adaptor I'm hoping they can report back

Thanks in Advance.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='707384' date='Oct 30 2008, 01:33 AM
Hi

It's been a while since i posted on the forum, no excuse except been stupidly busy

So my question is does anyone have a data sheet on the iPhone 3g Snap In Adaptor?

I've read several threads and there seems to be varying opinions, I'd like to trust my local dealers but sadly they seem technologically challenged .

My iPhone 3g should be arriving any day now and as i have all the gubbins in the car I'd like to take advantage of the Snap In Solution.

If there is no data sheet, here are a few questions....

1/ Is there full functionality ?
2/ Will it charge the iPhone too ?
3/ Will I be able to play the music on the iPhone via iDrive?

I guess if anyone has recently bought the Snap In Adaptor I'm hoping they can report back

Thanks in Advance.
From what I understand, you can not play music from your iphone via the snap in cell phone adapter. It will charge the iphone. There is full functionality in the U.S. (phone book loads, calls display, signal strength displays, etc....no SMS though).
Old 01-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Members

Just got my iphone 3G snap-in adaptor at my local dealer, works great, it only chargers and I think it has an amplified signal. Part no: 84 21 2 151 038.

PS: I live in Europe so the car & adaptor are EU models
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Same with me ... took 3 business days to be delivered, cost $142 Canadian, and works great!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Members

I saw many iphones on banggood,but i do not know whether they are produced by apple
Old 05-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Senior Members

If you can't play music than what's the point of the Snap In adapter? If it only charges the iPhone then you can use the USB slot and insert the usb cable which the iphone came with. Am i missing smth?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d M Sport (58) LCI

Ordered mines and it's stitting at the stealers. My understanding is that it will only allow the iphone to charge. If you want to play music you can opt for the aux cable or the host of fm transmitter type devices. I have the auxilary cable, any one of those solutions won't allow it to integrate with the iDrive.

I have bluetooth integration thingymabob, and it nicely loads my address book etc.

PS Just read through the bluetooth guide and it mentions that the CPT9000 (or something) shows sms notifications on the iDrive. I'm assuming the CPTxxxx is the snap in adaptor?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by phileas' post='891627' date='May 27 2009, 10:28 AM
Ordered mines and it's stitting at the stealers. My understanding is that it will only allow the iphone to charge. If you want to play music you can opt for the aux cable or the host of fm transmitter type devices. I have the auxilary cable, any one of those solutions won't allow it to integrate with the iDrive.

I have bluetooth integration thingymabob, and it nicely loads my address book etc.

PS Just read through the bluetooth guide and it mentions that the CPT9000 (or something) shows sms notifications on the iDrive. I'm assuming the CPTxxxx is the snap in adaptor?
CPT9000 was the old, OLD, pre-bluetooth phone and hardware. Used a Motorola 5xx or 6xx phone. May have been in early models '04s but not used after that