Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

i phone

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the iPhone is looking quite good indeed. There is now a front page 20 minute tutorial on Apple.com about the iPhone. This phone is just incredible.

Let's hope it is compatible with the BMW iPod adapter and Bluetooth.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I like the concept but won't be getting one until it works with Verizon service ATT is not a good service to me Vz just works everywhere
Old 06-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by buddy' post='438996' date='Jun 23 2007, 09:18 AM
I like the concept but won't be getting one until it works with Verizon service ATT is not a good service to me Vz just works everywhere
Verizon had first dibs on the phone but they opted not to take it.

I used to really dislike ATT back in the day. Today I have phones on both Verizon and TMobile. Domestically in the Eastern half, Verizon has the upper hand, over TMo, in only a few remote areas. Cingular/ATT has about equal coverage to Verizon. I'll soon know how they do with dropped calls. For the record. I have fewer dropped calls with TMo than I do with Verizon. Internationally, Verizon has the worst coverage of the three if you travel to parts of Asia or Europe. And the big reason I'm dumping Verizon has to do with the horrible UI they insist on putting on all but the Palm/WM phones.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

I changed my mind from the iPhone to SE W960
Old 06-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i SMG
Model Year: 2006

I am getting one the first day. I am not only a gadget man, but I am involved in such type device design with a competitor.

I am buying it knowing that the next version is should be out soon. Its limited memory is the biggest negative to this expensive unit. One expects at least external storage for its best known feature music playing. One can just imaging how many music songs you can store besides pictures, address book ring tones and now is is supposed to store U-Tube video. I think MMS will be added feature later as software upgrade

The next one may be enhanced memory,

Yet the next after next is real 3G the current one is only EGPRS!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

I want an iphone for its all-in-one capabilities. I don't like bulky unattractive phones like treos and blackberries. I almost got a Blackjack, but a friend advised not to after having it for 2 weeks---battery dies same day with bluetooth and 3G. So, I love stylish accessories and I am a minialist person. I want one small do-it-all device with apple styling and ease of use. Also, my last 4 cars have been BMWs and I have little desire to buy anything else (maybe a quattroporte since the current 7 isn't as much of a driver's car anymore). Apple and BMW have a good relationship and I'm hoping this will pay dividens with the iphone. Could you imagine if I am able to buy one tomorrow and I plug it in to my ipod kit and it has added functionality with the idrive screen that has not yet been announced!! (unlikely I know - but maybe on future BMWs...). - btw, I saw the photoshoped pics of the 7 series idrive w/iphone.

I am concerned about not being able to buy one tomorrow. I have heard that literrally only a handful of units are going to each store. I am not concerned about competition from people like myself since professionals in my area are relatively behind the times and cheap! What I am worried about is the ghetto bangers and drug dealers plunking down 30 $20 bills to get it because it's hot-to-death yo. I'm just hoping these people don't know much about the release date details.

We'll see tomorrow.....Good luck to all others in their efforts to bag the elephant tomorrow.
DPR
Old 06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='440867' date='Jun 28 2007, 08:40 AM
I want an iphone for its all-in-one capabilities. I don't like bulky unattractive phones like treos and blackberries. I almost got a Blackjack, but a friend advised not to after having it for 2 weeks---battery dies same day with bluetooth and 3G. So, I love stylish accessories and I am a minialist person. I want one small do-it-all device with apple styling and ease of use. Also, my last 4 cars have been BMWs and I have little desire to buy anything else (maybe a quattroporte since the current 7 isn't as much of a driver's car anymore). Apple and BMW have a good relationship and I'm hoping this will pay dividens with the iphone. Could you imagine if I am able to buy one tomorrow and I plug it in to my ipod kit and it has added functionality with the idrive screen that has not yet been announced!! (unlikely I know - but maybe on future BMWs...). - btw, I saw the photoshoped pics of the 7 series idrive w/iphone.

I am concerned about not being able to buy one tomorrow. I have heard that literrally only a handful of units are going to each store. I am not concerned about competition from people like myself since professionals in my area are relatively behind the times and cheap! What I am worried about is the ghetto bangers and drug dealers plunking down 30 $20 bills to get it because it's hot-to-death yo. I'm just hoping these people don't know much about the release date details.

We'll see tomorrow.....Good luck to all others in their efforts to bag the elephant tomorrow.
DPR
I'll be in line too. Apple retail stores are limiting sales to two per person, AT&T limiting to one. Activation will be through iTunes (new 7.3 will be available tomorrow) and not in store - so the lines will go quick. Word is that 80% of the day 1 shipments are of the 8 gig model - which is the one I want.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

Some of the major stores are getting up to 1000 phones 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of 8gb to 4gb units (depending on who you believe). Of the three million iPhones made about one million will be available in the first week. Not all AT&T stores will sell them either. Only the COR AT&T and Apple retail stores will have the phone. Cingular/AT&T resellers will be SOL. If you have an Apple store in your area I would try them first. I think they have more experience dealing with crowds and events like this so they may be better organized (just my opinion). Still not 100% I want a revision A iPhone especially since it's missing IMing. But then again, I'll likely give in to my weakness for a new toy. So when's the iPhone cradle due out?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

How come just about every publication has been writing negative articles about the new iphone. Their saying not enough memory, low battery life, bad for business users, inability to sync with corporate email, no 3g capabilities, no java, Rabid e-mailers or texters will not like keyboard-free design, no removable battery, no expansion slot, no built in GPS, and many more.

I would wait for the iphone2 release.

Not to mention AT&T/Cingular doesn't exactly have the best track record.

Articles:
http://www.intomobile.com/2007/03/15...s4iphone2.html
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/top-...ucks-228100.php
http://www.switched.com/2007/06/25/five-mo...buy-the-iphone/
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9677208-1.html
http://www.tuaw.com/2007/06/26/top-5-reaso...ore-activation/
http://bs.judstephenson.com/2007/04/01/top...hone-will-fail/
Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I'm sure it'll be a cool toy but will it be as functional as my BlackBerry? I'm doubtful but I'll have to wait and see...

Quick Reply: i phone