Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I need more help from the experts!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay. I got my v710 today and had no problem getting it to pair with my car. I put 2 entries into the phone's phonebook and they transferred into the car with the next pairing. My problem is that no new entries in the phonebook are showing up in the car. Do I have to do something to refresh the phonebook or does it just take a long time to get the car and phonebook to fully sych?

Any help is much appreciated. This forum is great!
Old 07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by sleepdoc' date='Jul 6 2005, 07:13 PM
okay.? I got my v710 today and had no problem getting it to pair with my car.? I put 2 entries into the phone's phonebook and they transferred into the car with the next pairing.? My problem is that no new entries in the phonebook are showing up in the car.? Do I have to do something to refresh the phonebook or does it just take a long time to get the car and phonebook to fully sych?

Any help is much appreciated.? This forum is great!
[snapback]146439[/snapback]
Patience, its takes time.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

A couple thoughts--

I believe if you actually enter new address entries into the phone while it is paired to the car those entries won't show up until the next hook-up. Also, with my Moto Razr I notice that entries stored on the SIM card show up on the idrive but entries stored on the phone memory do not. So check that.

EDIT-- Actually I was wrong. All address book entries do show up whether on SIM or phone memory. I just had to drive for 5 minutes before they showed up.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jul 7 2005, 12:30 AM
[quote name='sleepdoc' date='Jul 6 2005, 07:13 PM']okay.? I got my v710 today and had no problem getting it to pair with my car.? I put 2 entries into the phone's phonebook and they transferred into the car with the next pairing.? My problem is that no new entries in the phonebook are showing up in the car.? Do I have to do something to refresh the phonebook or does it just take a long time to get the car and phonebook to fully sych?

Any help is much appreciated.? This forum is great!
[snapback]146439[/snapback]
Patience, its takes time.
[snapback]146469[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's my experience as well. Drive around with the 710 paired for a half hour or so, and you'll find that the new entries have been uploaded.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:12 AM
Members

I guess I haven't given it enough time to download. Thanks for the help!