Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

How to use voice commands and BT phone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i M Sport Model (manual), jet black, auburn Dakota leather, aluminium cube interior trim, anthracite headlining, De-chroming, M Original mirrors, M L/Alloy wheels Rims M6 Style 167: front 8,5*19, back 9,5*19. Tyres Goodyear F1-GS D3: front 245/30*19, back 275/30*19 , M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic body styling, M sport suspension, sport seats, M rear spoiler, Bi Xenon headlights (incl. H/Wash), Bluetooth telephone with Siemens S65 phone, Logic 7 HiFi system, No model description (debadged), park distance control, cup holders, rear heated seats, Cruise control, Remote Control alarm, Servotronic steering, smoking package, Through load system, trailer clutch, ski bag. Delivered April 15, 2005.

Hello!
How does Bluetooth and voice commands function together witch cellular phone? What type of commands can I use? Must the phone have support for voice commands and if yes which type of phone has support for it?

BR//Janne
Old 04-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Jannek' date='Apr 5 2005, 02:28 PM
Hello!
How does Bluetooth and voice commands function together witch cellular phone? What type of commands can I use? Must the phone have support for voice commands and if yes which type of phone has support for it?

BR//Janne
[snapback]111371[/snapback]
i have no idea, but welcome aboard!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M Sport Model (manual), jet black, auburn Dakota leather, aluminium cube interior trim, anthracite headlining, De-chroming, M Original mirrors, M L/Alloy wheels Rims M6 Style 167: front 8,5*19, back 9,5*19. Tyres Goodyear F1-GS D3: front 245/30*19, back 275/30*19 , M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic body styling, M sport suspension, sport seats, M rear spoiler, Bi Xenon headlights (incl. H/Wash), Bluetooth telephone with Siemens S65 phone, Logic 7 HiFi system, No model description (debadged), park distance control, cup holders, rear heated seats, Cruise control, Remote Control alarm, Servotronic steering, smoking package, Through load system, trailer clutch, ski bag. Delivered April 15, 2005.

thanx
Old 04-05-2005, 05:41 AM

It helps (and matters) to list Country and whether you have Nav or not.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Members

Welcome,

I use a nokia 6310i whichis fully compatible with the E60.

The following link will show you what phones are compatible. The list may be slightly old and therfore not include some of the newer hones on the market.

the voice activitation is a feature of the Car and not a requiremetn on your phone.
All tht is required on your phone is bluetooth and that it is o the compatibility list. If it is not on the list but is a bluetooth phoen yo may not get all the features offered like voice dialing / SIM card list rtanfer to I-Drive Screen etc.

The following voice commands are featured with bluetooth on the E60.

(1) Dial Number (then speak the number)
(2) Save Name (speak the name) (Speak the number)
(3) Dial Name (speak the name previously saved)
(4) Delete Name
(5) Read Phone Book
(6) Delete Phone Book.

Make sure your phone is fully compatible to get the full benefits of the E60 bluetooth.

I find it an excellent option and was well worth the extra ?'s
Old 04-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jannek' date='Apr 5 2005, 07:28 AM
Hello!

BR//Janne
If you have a compatible phone with BT you can use the voice commands (the voice system is the cars, not the phones). You can dial names or numbers etc and it works quite well. Here is the documentation, voice control starts on page 15.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=...e=post&id=5751
Old 04-05-2005, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Apr 5 2005, 06:20 AM
[quote name='Jannek' date='Apr 5 2005, 07:28 AM']Hello!

BR//Janne
If you have a compatible phone with BT you can use the voice commands (the voice system is the cars, not the phones). You can dial names or numbers etc and it works quite well. Here is the documentation, voice control starts on page 15.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=...e=post&id=5751
[snapback]111404[/snapback]
[/quote]
A BT phone will use the same voice commands as the CPT9000. The ones here all apply.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Members

this forum is fantastic. Thanks a lot for the answers.

BR//Janne
Old 04-16-2005, 05:14 AM
Members

The trying voice commands I get answers back from the car in dutch. How to change language to english?

BR//Jan-Erik
Old 04-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jannek' date='Apr 5 2005, 07:28 AM
Hello!

BR//Janne
Also check the Information page. There is a PDF that lists all voice commands the car understands.

http://www.e60.net/information/

Quick Reply: How to use voice commands and BT phone?