Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

How Do you keep it sync'd with 5er....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 05:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I have some stupid questions..first of all i went in for an update the other day and they had updated it to many times so they had to replace my tcu...well lucky for me now i have bluetoth...so anyways how do you keep the phone sync'd with the beamer because every time i get in i have to delete my phone and satrt over again...also when some one calls me it doesnt let me know there calling and it just picks up the phone so if they dont say anything they can here what im saying in the car with out me knowing...I kinda did that to the wife just messin around...well anyways if some one could shed some light on this i would appreciate it.....also is there an auto sync mode so when i get in the car it automatically realizes that my phone is there...I have a motorola v551.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black (Base + PDC)

I'm using V551 and it works well. It auto pairs when I start my car and both the phone and car will ring when a call comes in.

Maybe you can try the following:

In the V551, you need to go to Menu/Settings/Connections/Bluetooth Links/Setup and make sure Power=ON (This should be what keeps the phone 'auto' pair when it sees the phone)

Also, make sure the BMWxxxxx pairing in your phone is the 1st on your list. I think the phone will only 'auto' pair with the 1st device on the list. I'm not too sure if it will work with both a BT headset at the same time, haven't try that....

For the answering thing. In your phone, go to Menu/Settings/Headset and make sure autoanswer is off. If you are using the cradle, turn it off also in Menu/Settings/Car Settings

Hope this helps...