Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

HELP:Problems with bluetooth + Sony T630

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 07:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d Automatic, PDC, Navi-Business, bluetooth
Thumbs up

Hello, since 02/02/2005 I am proud owner of a new 525d Automatic. Unfortunately my Sony-Ericsson T630 does not work with the bluetooth system. My BMW was for repair at the local BMW dealer for three times. After repair it works for two or three days and then the problem occurs again.

Here is the description of my problem:

The T630 connects with bluetooth correctly. After waiting approx. 20min my telephone-book is shown in the Idrive-display. The problem: I cannot receive phone-calls and it is not possible to call someone via Idrive-System. The system tries to build up a telephone line but nothing happens. After approx. 3min the systems breaks down and shows "Please activate your phone". The activation of my phone effects automatically. The local BMW dealer has replaced the "Phone Unit" = Effect: It worked for three days and then the problem occurred again.

Another problem: Every second morning I get the message "Increased battery discharge". I do not leave my phone in the car and I do not leave the key in the car.

Is there a connection between both problems? Who can help?

I am sorry for my bad english but the german forums for bmw e60 suppose to be not so competent for me.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d Touring (E61) Steptronic, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Silver Gray, Black Dakota Leather, 138 Rims, Park Distance Control, Sliding Armrest, Advanced Air-Con, Professional Satellite Navigation, Sports Steering Wheel, Xeon, Adaptive lights, Heated Front Seats, Voice Control, Bluetooth (T630)

Originally Posted by andrehh' date='Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM

Hello, since 02/02/2005 I am proud owner of a new 525d Automatic. Unfortunately my Sony-Ericsson T630 does not work with the bluetooth system. My BMW was for repair at the local BMW dealer for three times. After repair? it works for two or three days and then the problem occurs again.

The T630 connects with bluetooth correctly. After waiting approx. 20min my telephone-book is shown in the Idrive-display. The problem: I cannot receive phone-calls and it is not possible to call someone via Idrive-System. The system tries to build up a telephone line but nothing happens. After approx. 3min the systems breaks down and shows "Please activate your phone". The activation of my phone effects automatically. The local BMW dealer has replaced the "Phone Unit" = Effect: It worked for three days and then the problem occurred again.

Another problem: Every second morning I get the message "Increased battery discharge". I do not leave my phone in the car and I do not leave the key in the car.

I am sorry for my bad english but the german forums for bmw e60 suppose to be not so competent for me.
[snapback]94647[/snapback]
I have the exact same configuration (car and phone) and do not have the above problems. Bluetooth works fine for me.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, andrehh !
Old 02-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 26 2005, 10:03 PM
Welcome aboard, andrehh !
[snapback]94728[/snapback]
Thank you for your friendly welcome. 545i = very, very, very nice car! Gute Fahrt for always.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Dirk.xd' date='Feb 26 2005, 07:38 PM
[quote name='andrehh' date='Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM']

Hello, since 02/02/2005 I am proud owner of a new 525d Automatic. Unfortunately my Sony-Ericsson T630 does not work with the bluetooth system. My BMW was for repair at the local BMW dealer for three times. After repair? it works for two or three days and then the problem occurs again.

I have the exact same configuration (car and phone) and do not have the above problems. Bluetooth works fine for me.
[snapback]94680[/snapback]
[/quote]

This sounds good and means that solving my problem is possible. Thank you for your answer.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, andrehh !
Old 03-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by andrehh' date='Feb 26 2005, 11:29 AM

Hi andrehh,

the solution to your problem is easy... in the bluetooth settings you pick 'handsfree', 'car handsfree' and change from "Power Save" to "Advanced"

should do

letting know this helped would be nice

kind regards,
Destiny
Old 03-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Destiny' date='Mar 1 2005, 05:59 PM
Hi andrehh,

the solution to your problem is easy... in the bluetooth settings you pick 'handsfree', 'car handsfree' and change from "Power Save" to "Advanced"

should do

letting know this helped would be nice

kind regards,
Destiny
[snapback]95644[/snapback]
Hi Destiny,

thank you for your reply. I have had already the bluetooth settings you described. Today I got my 525d back after repair. Now it works and I hope for longer than before. My BMW mechanic says, that I have to much numbers saved in my telephone-book of my T630. I have 211 numbers saved an I should reduce to approx. 190 numbers. Perhaps this is the reason....

kind regards

AndreHH
Old 03-04-2005, 05:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by andrehh' date='Mar 4 2005, 08:24 AM
Hi Destiny,

thank you for your reply. I have had already the bluetooth settings you described.? Today I got my 525d back after repair. Now it works and I hope for longer than before. My BMW mechanic says, that I have to much numbers saved in my telephone-book of my T630. I have 211 numbers saved an I should reduce to approx. 190 numbers. Perhaps this is the reason....

kind regards

AndreHH
[snapback]97111[/snapback]
211 numbers! You've got too many girlfriends!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Mar 4 2005, 03:50 PM
211 numbers!? You've got too many girlfriends!
[snapback]97133[/snapback]
That's not 211 gf's, it's 211 BMW dealers... 210 he got screwed at, and the one he is currently using...

Quick Reply: HELP:Problems with bluetooth + Sony T630