Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Help on misinformation from dealer on BT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am here in Canada, and called services and parts manager couple weeks ago regarding when bluetooth will be available for the 2004 BMW 5-series... Mr. J told me that ALL 2004 e60s are available for upgrade, and it will cost $330 including tax for the bluetooth retrofit... and can now be done for all 2004 BMW 5-series... I became excited, and he told me I can bring the car in and can be done in 3 hours... I told my family about this, and I called couple days later again to Mr. J to reconfirm, and he said the same thing, that it can be done in 3 hours, and for that specific price... and to just set up appointment anytime soon with the receptionist....

My family went out and bought an expensive $400 BT Motorola phone, because he told me we must have the phone to pair with the BT when they activate the BT in my car... yesterday, when I decided to make the appointment with the receptionist, she told me that BT is not yet available for 2004 model cars, and it cannot be done... my family became very frustrated, and when I asked the lady if I can talk to Mr. J yesterday, she says he was not in, and when I tried to reach him today, she told me he is away sick... my family cannot return this BT phone back to the store... and feel misinformed and cheated....

what should we do? call BMW Canada? need your opinion guys!
thanks again guys!!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 AM
Contributors

Should've come to this board before. I never trusted my dealer, generally, they have no clue as to what they are talking about. I called BMW directly and they verified my VIN and told me it could be done (for march/04 production and later).
BMW called my dealer and directed them to the bulletin where they could find the info. They kept my car for 2 weeks but I have BT working.

As for the compatible phones, there are some lists on this board.

I hope you have a march 04 production and your motorola is on the list, call BMW and they will confirm if you can upgrade.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by Almighty JungleBoy' date='Jan 26 2005, 06:47 AM
I am here in Canada, and called services and parts manager couple weeks ago regarding when bluetooth will be available for the 2004 BMW 5-series... Mr. J told me that ALL 2004 e60s are available for upgrade, and it will cost $330 including tax for the bluetooth retrofit... and can now be done for all 2004 BMW 5-series... I became excited, and he told me I can bring the car in and can be done in 3 hours... I told my family about this, and I called couple days later again to Mr. J to reconfirm, and he said the same thing, that it can be done in 3 hours, and for that specific price... and to just set up appointment anytime soon with the receptionist....

My family went out and bought an expensive $400 BT Motorola phone, because he told me we must have the phone to pair with the BT when they activate the BT in my car...? yesterday, when I decided to make the appointment with the receptionist, she told me that BT is not yet available for 2004 model cars, and it cannot be done... my family became very frustrated, and when I asked the lady if I can talk to Mr. J yesterday, she says he was not in, and when I tried to reach him today, she told me he is away sick... my family cannot return this BT phone back to the store... and feel misinformed and cheated....

what should we do? call BMW Canada? need your opinion guys!
thanks again guys!!
[snapback]83179[/snapback]

Where in Canda are you?? What network is your Motorola phone on?? Which model did you buy?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

I think you need to keep after Mr. J. There is a solution available for your car (change TCU) it justs costs a lot more that $330. What are they willing to do to make it right?

If you don't get any satisfaction, then you have to call BMW Canada.

Good luck and keep us posted.

My wife really went after the sales manager after we were promised BT compatibility and it failed to materialize. He is not going to give us any relief so the next step is BMW Canada. My problem now is that I don't see so many bluetooth phones in Canada and I'm not sure the technology has legs (I was reading an article on it).
Old 01-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

At a miminum you might consider returning the phone before the 30 day window expires....