Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Help With Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received delivery of an '05 525i and am having some problem looking for instructions on how to pair bluetooth phones with iDrive (mine's SE T610). For some odd reason, I can't find it in the manual. The manual's index is not even showing up with anything "bluetooth". I do have that in my 525i, right?

Anyway, I tried going at it without the manual and had a look-see at iDrive. I went to Communications > Phones. From that screen, there's this line that says, "Activate Your Phone", or something like that. How do I go about activating it (my phone's BT is on)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jenny
Old 03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, jenny !
Old 03-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Mar 7 2005, 09:28 PM
I just received delivery of an '05 525i and am having some problem looking for instructions on how to pair bluetooth phones with iDrive (mine's SE T610).? For some odd reason, I can't find it in the manual.? The manual's index is not even showing up with anything "bluetooth".? I do have that in my 525i, right?

Anyway, I tried going at it without the manual and had a look-see at iDrive.? I went to Communications > Phones.? From that screen, there's this line that says, "Activate Your Phone", or something like that.? How do I go about activating it (my phone's BT is on)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jenny
[snapback]98409[/snapback]
Attached is a copy of the latest Bluetooth (telephone) User's Manual.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Members

Thanks, Iceman, for the welcome.

Thanks, wnrussell, for the pdf. I'll use it first thing in the morning when I resume playing around the car. I'm too exhausted now as I've been goofing with it sice I drove it out of the dealer's lot this afternoon. I think I now have a permanent smile on my face.

BTW, I asked my dealer about a phone cradle for the SE T610 and they have no idea what I was talking about. Do you guys know how much they are? Is that something that even a not-so-handy girl like me can install myself? If not, how much (estimate) is the installation/labor fee to get that thing up and running?

Thanks, again!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Jenny? Does that mean female owner? Is this a first?

EDIT: Ok next time read the whole thread before replying...

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Mar 7 2005, 07:17 PM
Is that something that even a not-so-handy girl like me can install myself??
[snapback]98433[/snapback]

Old 03-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Mar 7 2005, 09:17 PM
BTW, I asked my dealer about a phone cradle for the SE T610 and they have no idea what I was talking about.? Do you guys know how much they are?? Is that something that even a not-so-handy girl like me can install myself?? If not, how much (estimate) is the installation/labor fee to get that thing up and running?

Thanks, again!
[snapback]98433[/snapback]
Also, if anyone knows the product/item number for the cradle, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 8 2005, 12:43 AM
Jenny? Does that mean female owner?? Is this a first??
[snapback]98470[/snapback]
I think she's our third...
Old 03-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yes she is!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Members

Here's an update.

First of all, I changed cellular this morning. I used a newer model SE S700i (I forgot the T610, which I know is compatible, at home).

I was able to pair the SE S700i and the BMW.

I was able to...
~ make calls by manually dialing the numbers via iDrive and;
~receive calls.

I wasn't able to...
~transfer my phonebook to the BMW.
~the list (top 8 calls, received calls, dialed numbers, etc.) are all empty even after making a bunch of calls and received a bunch as well.
~My incoming SMS are not not showing up on the screen.

My questions ....

In the half hour I was playing with the SE S700i in the car, I was hoping that the phonebook will transfer, but didn't. Should I have waited longer (I have about 150 entries in the phone)? Or is there a step that I missed to transfer the phonebooks?

Any idea why my "list" are empty?

Any idea why my incoming SMS are not showing up?

On a side note, I bugged a lot of my friends to call me and send me text messages while I played around with this thing. They have no idea what I was doing. Ha ha ha.

Anyway, I hope I can get this issues resolved so that I can move on to the next issue - iPod integration!

Thanks a lot for the help, guys!

Jenny
(I'm only the 3rd female on this forum? Really?)
Old 03-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Jenny,

I'm not sure if your phone is fully compatible, i don't keep up with the list of phones.

HOWEVER i noticed that it will only transfer the phone book after about 2-5 minutes, and you CANNOT use the phone during that time. .... if you use the phone to make a call, it will NOT transfer/sync.

Good Luck.

--marco

Quick Reply: Help With Bluetooth