Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

HELP!!!! @#$% hit the FAN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear All,

HI! Ok I am in a terrible situation here now.... I ended up selling my 3GS to a friend and just bought the BB Bold 9700.

Now guess what?!?!?!? The friggin thing wont even pair!!!

I try pairing it, like I successfully used to pair my Nokias and 3GS. This thing just fails. It detects the car, asks me to enter the pin; I enter the 0000s as I am used to doing and then click down to Confirm Passkey. On the car side it says its usual Verifying Passkey, etc etc etc. Then it just takes way too long and on the phone it says 'Could not connect to xxxxx' and the option of Would you like to try again: YES / NO.

What do you think the issue is!?!?!?!? Dont tell me 9700 is not compatible!!

I need some answer from you guys!! Pl help!!

Thx in advance!!

kris
Old 05-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys!! Ok, found the solution to my problem!! Also, this could be helpful for the sake of others who have BB's but cannot connect up to the iDrive. With my nokia and iPhone 3GS, I used to initiate the car BT and search through my phone. Once I selected "BMWxxxxx" on my phone, the ENTER PASSKEY would appear on the iDrive and I would enter 0000s and pull down the iDrive controller to "CONFIRM PASSKEY". Once i clicked on that, the passkey field would appear on the phone and i would enter the 0000s on the phone and it would pair up.

On BB, it is the opposite!!! Here, you have to initiate both BTs, and then enter the passkey of your choice on the Handheld first, and then enter the same passkey on the iDrive!! Exact opposite here.

Now the only problem I am experiencing is that during conversations, the iDrive often drops carrier and basically suddenly disconnects from my phone. It often makes a short, high-pitched screeching click kind-of-a sound and then is not connected to the car anymore. 'Searching for connected phones' would then appear on the screen and I would have to manually re-connect through my phone (as if I were selecting speakerphone, BT headset, etc) whilst on the active call.

Any ideas to why this could be happening?

Kris