Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Has anyone tried this Connects2 interface?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Just purchased an E61 520d that has no phone or iPod integration and I was wondering if anyone has tried or has any opinion on this new product from Connects2?

http://www.connects2.com/Most/index.html

I'm not what you'd call technically minded but it sounds like you would be able to hook up both the iPod and phone through the iDrive and use the iDrive controls to operate both devices.

Opinions/thoughts chaps?

Cheers

Bob
Old 06-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 525xi Jet black sprint booster ACS front lip

Hopefully people with more knowledge will chime in,
but from my research you will at least need to have either ipod or CD changer programed in your car (which needs a deeler visit if you do not already have it = $$$$). If you or once you have ipod or CD changer, there's also other options. One of the common ones is "mobridge" that is being used in E60's. I've never seen the device you linked to used in an E60
Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Members

Thanks for the input dudemeister.

I'd not heard of the mobridge before, but it does look like it's available in the uk (where I'm based) so I might give that a try.
Expensive though at nearly ?600! ($985) and once I've had the dealer reprogram the car it's looking mighty pricey!

Cheers

Bob
Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Members

Hi I had instlled the Connects 2 in my old E60 and it worked a treat when coupled with the Parrot CK3100. I was using a blackberry Pearl phone and was able to voice dial all my numbers by pressing the steering wheel button, answer and end all calls. I would have to say that the connects 2 makes better use of the steering wheel buttons than my fully BMW Bluetooth prepared new car.