Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

got THE BEST Bluetooth Music Streaming w/song name on idrive, steering wheel controls

Old 02-13-2015, 06:57 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54

How does this interface work with the phone itself?

Does the phone pair to the car and when the calls come in shut off the music? Or do the calls all come through the phone still and use the new bluetooth connection?

I had the problem on my car when I used the aux cable alone to the phone that it would do wonky stuff once a call came in.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:49 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
How does this interface work with the phone itself?

Does the phone pair to the car and when the calls come in shut off the music? Or do the calls all come through the phone still and use the new bluetooth connection?

I had the problem on my car when I used the aux cable alone to the phone that it would do wonky stuff once a call came in.
Any modern phone can handle multiple bluetooth connections at once. What happens is your phone will do one connection with the car for calls, and another with the tune2air for music. When you receive a call, the music pauses and the car's system takes over, letting you answer from the steering wheel as you normally would.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:46 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi touring
Engine: N54

Will this device display the song info and have steering control for Android phones like the S5?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:20 PM
New Members

I went ahead and purchased the tune2air WMA3000B unit. Definitely better sound quality than the HTC unit I used before. The track/artist info does not show up on the display but I can switch tracks using my steering wheel control which is very nice!
Old 02-18-2015, 01:58 PM
New Members

Weird, I thought I had an LCI e60.. when did the LCI facelift take place? I have an 08' 545xi sedan, and I don't have the USB/AUX input in the console..? Sorry for the stupid question! I really want to use this for pairing up my iPhone 6 and bluetooth to play music.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Dan Padgett
Weird, I thought I had an LCI e60.. when did the LCI facelift take place? I have an 08' 545xi sedan, and I don't have the USB/AUX input in the console..? Sorry for the stupid question! I really want to use this for pairing up my iPhone 6 and bluetooth to play music.
That IS wierd, Dan, because the LCI rollout occurred beginning in March of 2007. '08 cars should definitely be LCI. Are you sure it isn't maybe in the glove box?

What is the build date of your car?
Old 02-18-2015, 02:42 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by jayarras
That IS wierd, Dan, because the LCI rollout occurred beginning in March of 2007. '08 cars should definitely be LCI. Are you sure it isn't maybe in the glove box?

What is the build date of your car?
I've looked everywhere haha, only thing I have is an AUX hole in the rear center "console" in between the seats by the rear AC vents...looked in the glovebox and everywhere else. Very strange, unless I'm missing something?

And the build date is 10/07
Old 02-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Members

This tune2air device looks great, but how do you charge your phone on long trips if the USB port is already occupied by the bluetooth device?
Old 02-20-2015, 11:52 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by murky
This tune2air device looks great, but how do you charge your phone on long trips if the USB port is already occupied by the bluetooth device?
A cigarette lighter USB charger.

Amazon.com: Dual USB Car Charger 3.1Amp 15.5W - 1.0&2.1A Universal Ports, Smart Power Supply For iPods, iPhones, Cell Phones & Tablet, Android Devices, Portable Cigarette Lighter Plug, Mobile Travel Charging Station 12V Input: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Dual USB Car Charger 3.1Amp 15.5W - 1.0&2.1A Universal Ports, Smart Power Supply For iPods, iPhones, Cell Phones & Tablet, Android Devices, Portable Cigarette Lighter Plug, Mobile Travel Charging Station 12V Input: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 04-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 535

Originally Posted by bmwmonkey
I went ahead and purchased the tune2air WMA3000B unit. Definitely better sound quality than the HTC unit I used before. The track/artist info does not show up on the display but I can switch tracks using my steering wheel control which is very nice!
well the aux was mostly made for the iPod/iPhone, but now Viseeo allows it to work with Android. Switching tracks but no song info on the idrive. Which is not as big of a deal. I rather have the ability to switch songs than to see what's playing, if i had a choice.

Originally Posted by Dan Padgett
there was no 545 in Xi, then there was no 545 in 2008, last year was 2005. Maybe you mean 535xi? and if you dont have the USB and 3.5mm headphone jack in your center console that means you dont have the AUX option.

its called S6FLA USB/Audio interface. I am almost certain you can retrofit that. And its probably one of the most easiest retrofit. Not sure, though.

edit: FOUND install instructions for the AUX retrofit

http://www.bmw-planet.com/lib/Retrof...E64,%20E70.pdf

Originally Posted by murky
yup i got something like that, if not exactly that. Has 2 usb ports for charging. Plus i never used that AUX port for charging anyways.

Last edited by seven11; 04-09-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got THE BEST Bluetooth Music Streaming w/song name on idrive, steering wheel controls