5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   Going to reftrofit bluetooth in my car E60 (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/going-reftrofit-bluetooth-my-car-e60-17797/)

cricket 10-29-2005 11:54 PM

Have been doing alot of research into the fitting of bluetooth in my car, I have the `I drive` with the sat nav, ICE and climate but when pushing the `i drive` knob forward the system comes up with `Mobile not installed`, I have checked with a few dealers to make sure this is not just an update in software but i was right there in no Bluetooth what so ever in the car, SO time to retrofit one, Up to now the best price from a dealer is ?1800+Vat about ?2100 WOW. they say there is about 8 hours work in fitting it. Has anyone had this done to the car? Mine is AUG 03 E60 and if so can they tell me where they got theres done and how much did they get charged. Living in the UK but any info from anywhere in the world would but great. Thank you for looking at my first post.

td5223 10-31-2005 10:23 AM

Hi Cricket,

I have done the exact same thing about 4 weeks ago in Germany for my E61. I also couldnt stand the fact that the communication screen was empty in my Idrive. As it didnt have the necessary wiring I had to pay around the same amount as you (well, in euros that is, thank god I dont live in rip off Britain anymore). First I tried to see if I could perhaps do it myself, as the kit comes with an instructions manual. After reading through the manual i decided not to do it myself. This because the manual does not say how to strip the car from all parts (from the right of the booth, along the left of the car, then under the driver seat through the middle etc etc). Its the installation of the cable tree that is 90% of the work and indeed takes 8 hours to 8 hours 45 according to the manual. If you already have navigation then its 8 as the correct antenna is already there under the shark fin.
So I gave the kit back and had BMW install it for me. I'm very happy now that everything works. I payed 800 euros for the retrofit kit and another 1000 for labour (ouch). but that is all forgotten now and im happy with the quality of the connection. I did not install a snap in adaptor yet, might still do that (from ebay)

UUronL 10-31-2005 10:30 AM

I would personally hold off to see if the newly announced (today) initiative with Samsung that will integrate MP3 players via bluetooth will require a different control unit. I hope that it does not, but if you're in the market for purchasing the various Bluetooth bits, you might as well make sure they are going to support this new functionality.

Flowerfred 11-02-2005 11:00 AM

Yup, done that, in the UK.

Search is your friend..

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...1&hl=bluetooth

:)

cricket 11-03-2005 06:55 AM

Flowerfred. Where did you get it done? Did that include VAT and is there anything else you need to tell me. I don`t mind doing work myself, My wife is a Tech fixes Radors in MOD aircraft, And i myself an a Radio Ham. But I think it best if BMW do it. TD5223 your price was about ?1250 so would even think of coming to germany on the ferry. Nice weekend away and save money. Welcome to the UK. Thanks

merklebob 11-03-2005 07:09 AM

ever think of using the non bmw blue tooth adapters. you lose the wheel contriols but they hookup automaticly and some have voice rec. for 100 phone numbers.

Flowerfred 11-04-2005 05:16 AM

Cricket,

The work was carried out by my dealer,and the price was VAT incl.

Apart form the fact that the modern phones aren't compatible, the bluetooth is great.
Wouldn't want to be without it.
In all honesty I could have done just as well with an adaptor in the armrest to click the phone in rather than bluetooth. Ah well.

cricket 11-05-2005 07:16 AM

Flowerfred can you tell which dealer it was and Phone number. Thank you

Flowerfred 11-06-2005 01:55 AM

Stephen James in Enfield, Middx.

0208-4438443

Sent you a PM

cricket 11-06-2005 06:06 AM

Thanks Fred, Will give them a call tomoorow, A little far away maybe for me. (In chester) but as long as they can at least give me a good price then i can approach other garages around this area and if there not willing to compete then will have to make the journey. Thanks again. Oh Your AUX input did that take much work or is it something you can do yourself. Best regards.