Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Droid X Froyo 2.2 bluetooth fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone is having issues with droid x 2.2 froyo update and using the bluetooth phone--it causes intermittent static and cuts out the signal. There is a fix. There apparently is a problem with bluetooth cache memory needing to be cleared when new software is installed. You need to unpair your device, go to settings---applications and manage applications. Find blue tooth and then clear memory and clear cache. Repair the device and good to go.

Also in some cases people having wifi on causes interference so turn wifi off if you are still having issues using in your car
Old 10-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond
... You need to unpair your device, go to settings---applications and manage applications. Find blue tooth and then clear memory and clear cache. Repair the device and good to go.
Clear data and clear cache you mean?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I am gonna try that tommorrow I wrote in awhile ago about just that issue my car has been in the shop for a week trying to fiqure out the issue. The dealer could not fiqure out the issue it actually was doing it before 2.2 and even did it with my first droid that I had ( the reqular one) this is really annoying I hope it fixes it thanks. Where by the way did you get that fix from?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an

Okay unfortunatly it is not working for me it seemed to work at first and know it does the same thing again even worse if you ask me I am going to compleatly remove my droid x and then reconnect it and see it it helps but to this date it is really nerve recking to have a great technolgy and not be able to use it
Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by Diamond
If anyone is having issues with droid x 2.2 froyo update and using the bluetooth phone--it causes intermittent static and cuts out the signal. There is a fix. There apparently is a problem with bluetooth cache memory needing to be cleared when new software is installed. You need to unpair your device, go to settings---applications and manage applications. Find blue tooth and then clear memory and clear cache. Repair the device and good to go.

Also in some cases people having wifi on causes interference so turn wifi off if you are still having issues using in your car
I'm using custom ROM (CyanogenMod) 6.1.1 and Froyo 2.2.1 with no problems on my Nexus One.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SPF Cobra #1019

Thanks Diamond! I followed your steps and it solved my problem! YEAH!

Thanks,
Randy...
Old 01-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

I must have a different problem all my callers say what is that noise I can't hear it so I called my daughter and we tried to trouble shoot it. Here are my results she states that there was two different noises one steady beep like a flat line when someone dies, the other was a intermittant beep like a truck is backing up again I can not hear it only my callers. So the first test car running beep beep cover mike over driver side clears up, remove finger beep comes back, cover passenger mike beep beep turns into a steady beep. Car off with both mikes uncovered all is well nice and clear no beep steady or otherwise I do not think it is a phone issue that I have and I am going to pair a regular cell and see if this does the same. I almost think I have a grounding issue or something but I have not added anything into the system.