Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Double Contacts

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

Hi guys I had a question about my bluetooth... I have a Verizon Treo 650 and it has paired flawlessly with my 06 550. The question that I have is when I go to my communication screen and go to my phone contacts on my car it shows all of them 2 times (doubles). My first question is why is that happening? And my second question is how do I delete them? I have the contacts stored in my favorites list on my phone but they are stored only once so I dont know why this is happening... if anyone can shed some light on this issue I would appreciate it.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by kaboom' post='255603' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:02 AM
Hi guys I had a question about my bluetooth... I have a Verizon Treo 650 and it has paired flawlessly with my 06 550. The question that I have is when I go to my communication screen and go to my phone contacts on my car it shows all of them 2 times (doubles). My first question is why is that happening? And my second question is how do I delete them? I have the contacts stored in my favorites list on my phone but they are stored only once so I dont know why this is happening... if anyone can shed some light on this issue I would appreciate it.
Is it possible that you have more than one number per contact and although the names are repeated the telephone numbers beside the names are different?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

No its the same name with the same number... and it happens on and off... last night it did the double contacts and today it was back to normal... And as I am typing this post Im thinking that the reason for the double contacts is that I stepped away from the vehicle and left it running with a passenger in my car and when I came back it paired again and downloaded the contacts again into my car... is that possible?
Old 03-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Did you get the instructional leaflet with your BTUM? In there, I just noticed today that the BTUM will IGNORE duplicates etc. presumably in order to carry 500 entries. Seems odd that you are getting mirror listings.

Have you tried pushing your BT button for one second and allowing the directory to refresh? I did that today to update my phonebook after making new entries since its original pairing. Just don't hold the button down too long, as 3 secs puts it into search and pair mode. The update takes a couple of minutes, but mine worked fine today after the additions.

It also says that the BTUM phone book is wiped clean if you remove the phone from range etc. So you may want to try that, then hit the reset button.

Cheers, RTFM
Ray Hull
Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Its either a software bug or something to do with Verizon. I noticed this when I upgraded to CIP 20x and a Verizon V3c. It happens once in a while. Don't bother trying to delete anything. The next time the phone pairs it will be fixed. The last time it happened, I just voice commanded " Bluetooth" unchecked the box. The phone disconnected. Then checked the box and when it re-connected the dups were gone.