Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Dension Gateway GW500

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, so for a long time right now i always wanted to add an ipod/iphone intergration to my 06 M5. I do have the glove box cd changer but NO AUX. I dont want BMW to program anything because its gonna cost alot. I already checked with my local bmw dealer. Please help me out guys. Maybe theres another way
Old 11-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Contributors

Dension 500 is a good way to go, do you have the ability to play mp3s on cd in the dash cd slot? Does it show the track names?

Use the excellent DIY in the DIY section and you can easily fit it yourself, and it will play tracks without coding. If you don't have mp3 on the main cd working, you will just get track 1, track 2, etc shown..

Any local info with autologic or similar will be able to add the functionality without the need to code the entire car, or if anyone local has ncsexpert up and running maybe they will offer to do code mp3 for a few beers
Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Also it will add usb and Aux via the dension so Aux is not a pre requisite
Old 11-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jay77
Dension 500 is a good way to go, do you have the ability to play mp3s on cd in the dash cd slot? Does it show the track names?

Use the excellent DIY in the DIY section and you can easily fit it yourself, and it will play tracks without coding. If you don't have mp3 on the main cd working, you will just get track 1, track 2, etc shown..

Any local info with autologic or similar will be able to add the functionality without the need to code the entire car, or if anyone local has ncsexpert up and running maybe they will offer to do code mp3 for a few beers
So your saying that the dension 500 will work even without coding? I dont really care about track names. As long as i can hook up my iphone to it and play music off it thats all i want. And yes i cannot play MP3 cd's in my main cd slot.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

You should be good to go then.

My 545 couldn't play MP3s, so the CCC didn't see the Dension Gateway at all. I just enabled the MP3 playback with NCS Expert yesterday, now the gateway works fine!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mandrsn1
You should be good to go then.

My 545 couldn't play MP3s, so the CCC didn't see the Dension Gateway at all. I just enabled the MP3 playback with NCS Expert yesterday, now the gateway works fine!
Ok i dont uderstand now. So the idrive system will not recognize the dension with out coding? like i said i have no one to code it for me and bmw wants way too much. Please explain
Old 11-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bronze545i
Ok i dont uderstand now. So the idrive system will not recognize the dension with out coding? like i said i have no one to code it for me and bmw wants way too much. Please explain
Hi Bronze545i it will work without any coding, you say you have a cd changer so I assume it works, therefore you will not need to code the car if you are not bothered about track names.

On the unit are toggle switches so you just enable the switch options with cd changer no text and your good to go..
Old 11-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Contributors

http://www.dension.com/sites/default...tallguide1.pdf

Install 2a shows the BMW install plus switch settings, should work with either the first or second settings
Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

http://www.dension.com/sites/default...tallguide1.pdf

Install 2a shows the BMW install plus switch settings, should work with either the first or second settings
Tried the link and its not working
Old 11-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Hi Bronze545i it will work without any coding, you say you have a cd changer so I assume it works, therefore you will not need to code the car if you are not bothered about track names.

On the unit are toggle switches so you just enable the switch options with cd changer no text and your good to go..
Ok great, but your saying theres switches on the actual dension where i will have to switch to what?

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway GW500